Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Something I might actually use... Tried again.
So a while ago I had an idea for an epic game with an interesting twist. I started making it, and found that the interesting twist couldn't work cleanly, so I left it alone. About a week ago, I thought of a way I could make a similar concept work, so I started planning for it.
I know in my head what I want this to look like, and the palette is largely grey and green, because the game's world is shrouded by a dust cloud, which stops the surface getting direct sunlight. The game plays around with light levels a lot.

Thus, I tried to sprite the main character. There is a low contrast and a high contrast version, though I fear both have not enough contrast in them. I'm reluctant to boost the contrast too much for fear of losing the slightly "washed out" look I'm aiming for, but I'll see what you guys say. There are a few versions of this. The one on the top has the lightsource on the top right, but after I shaded this I realised that all the light is actually coming from a lantern on his hip, so I reshaded it to account for this, which are the bottom 3. The left most is "high" contrast, the middle one is low contrast, and the right one is low contrast without his equipment (sword and lantern).

So yeah, basically, I'd like some C&C.

[Image: platformerguyforshow.png]

LATEST:

[Image: xYj8n.png]
[Image: k1N3b.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Something I might actually use... Tried again. - by Hoeloe - 01-11-2012, 01:53 PM
RE: Something I might actually use... - by Hoeloe - 01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
RE: Something I might actually use... - by Hoeloe - 01-11-2012, 03:49 PM
RE: Something I might actually use... - by Hoeloe - 01-11-2012, 05:48 PM