Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Final Fantasy VII battle models
All right, so things have gotten much more complicated now. I (somewhat accidentally) discovered that Noesis can display the model in a file it's exported, which let me see that a large part of the problem with my exports was that I was exporting them as .obj files, which came out devoid of any coloration. The .dae files exported perfectly (albeit upside down and facing backwards) according to the Noesis viewer. So, that's the good news. The bad news is, when I try to open them in Blender, the program crashes or it shows up blank. I tried a few of the other free 3D programs, but they didn't even support .dae files.

So, I'm starting to feel a bit...at the end of my tether, since I really only wanted to make a few MMD models for a single image for deviantArt, and yet this is turning into a lengthy nightmare with no end in sight.

That's why I've decided to post a couple of .zip files with some of my rips--and the files I ripped them from--so other people can look at them and see what they make of them. If anyone wants to, shall we say, "go halfsies" on this with me, and handle converting .dae files into other formats (not to mention mirroring them) for official submission to the site, then that's great, but otherwise...I think I'm just going to give up, at least for the moment. I have a lot of other stuff going on right now.

I know it's not done for submissions, but for these purposes, I've just posted the .zips to deviantArt, 'cause I really don't want to try figuring out the usual uploading sites (MediaFire, etc.) as it's just past midnight and I'm getting a little tired.

The two .zips are posted at the following links:
http://fav.me/d4l8x97 (Vincent)
http://fav.me/d4l8xf6 (Yuffie)

The files in the .zips are named according to how they were exported from Noesis--whether I used the additional batch commands from the "Advanced Commands" button.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Final Fantasy VII battle models - by SierraLatkje - 12-14-2011, 02:01 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VII battle models - by Dazz - 12-14-2011, 03:24 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VII battle models - by Roxas358 - 12-23-2011, 09:47 PM
RE: Final Fantasy VII battle models - by SierraLatkje - 01-04-2012, 01:23 AM
RE: Final Fantasy VII battle models - by Roxas358 - 01-04-2012, 11:02 AM