Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pixel artwork
"You still don't seem to understand. You're a mod so you should be setting a good example, and you're not."
And what do you mean by good example? Kissing asses? Metaru may have been blunt in the comment but that does not invalidate his opinions and he would be much nicer if you weren't here just to throw pixelart and fish compliments for it.

"This is my first thread, it's likely I'm going to make a mistake. You're talking to me as if I've been on this forum for a while."
Or, alternatively, someone who has read the rules.

"Isn't this a forum to help people improve? You telling me how pissed off you are with my work as if I've deliberately chosen to make shitty art. I'm sure that my work can be criticized and not just constantly moaning about how I use KOF shading in the majority of my work."
Problem is, KOF shading does work. Yours doesn't because you just saw the superficial characteristics of it and eyeballed it without understanding the principles. That's what happened. Shading isn't "oh let's grab a darker version of said color and make several bands around the object". It's actually much, much more deeper than that.

"Anybody can make mistakes on their first time doing anything."
True, but the whole situation doesn't really favour you. Anyway, I'll retract myself in this one.

"If you aren't interested in giving any sort of constructive criticism, leave this thread and don't post a meaningless, offensive comment like you're some sort of immature child."
This would be valid if Metaru said utter shit. This is not the case as he had explained why your work is bad.

"You're assuming that I came here to get my "arse" kissed? Making assumptions is wrong in any kind of situation, so you being chosen as a "Super mod" was a very deluded decision."
Metaru didn't get 'super mod' status 'just because'. He proved to be a good member by giving actual criticism without sprinkling a ton of suger on top of it. Is he blunt sometimes? Yes, he is. But as himself said once, 'what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger'.

"I made a mistake then, I should ask for criticism. Again, this is my first time, don't expect anything perfect from me."
okay.

"AGAIN, I'm bound to make some sort of mistake on my first thread and I should have pointed out that the moon isn't mine, which wasn't why I was pissed off with you anyway."
Funny you said that assumption is bad and directly afterwards complained about him having a 'super mod' status and saying how he should be nicer to people. But oh well, that's all for now.

The thing is, we are blunt sometimes, but we aren't like this because we like to flame people. Otherwise, we'd be another 'art' site where any effortless crap would be praised and no one would improve ever.

I suggest starting something new, so we can guide you on how to make better sprites. Everyone gotta start from somewhere, right?
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Pixel artwork - by smoothnsimple - 10-21-2011, 09:33 AM
RE: Pixel artwork - by Cobalt Blue - 10-21-2011, 08:44 PM
RE: Pixel artwork - by smoothnsimple - 10-24-2011, 09:34 AM
RE: Pixel artwork - by Koopaul - 10-22-2011, 02:27 AM
RE: Pixel artwork - by Gors - 10-24-2011, 09:39 AM
RE: Pixel artwork - by DioShiba - 10-24-2011, 03:42 PM
RE: Pixel artwork - by smoothnsimple - 10-25-2011, 08:45 AM
RE: Pixel artwork - by FRET - 10-24-2011, 02:02 PM
RE: Pixel artwork - by BynineB - 10-24-2011, 02:24 PM