Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TrunksFightingTeenCustomJus(need Critiques)
I feel the need to clarify something. No, they probably have not this exact sheet before. I certainly have not. Here's the thing though, Trunks is a popular DBZ character. JUS is a popular style. There are probably DOZENS of similiar sheets out there. So when they say they've seen many of the same thing, they really mean, we've seen plently like this, and there isn't really anything to make it stand out. If you've seen one you've seen them all sort of thing.

Second. Deviant art has A LOT of people, just by sheer probability you're going to find a few people that like the sheet. Further many of them don't care to critique on quality. They like it because it is a fan work on a character they like. It could stand to be five times worse than this and they would still like it. just because its Trunks.

Third, you really don't need people experienced in a certain style to tell to how to be better overall. There's lots of things that someone with just general skill can tell you how to improve. For example, I have not touched JUS style, and I can still tell you you need to darken the shadows on both the pants and especially the armor, before you work on anything else since it is quite hard to see how it is shaded right now. I would also throw a shadow on the brown stomach belt thing the armor has.

Fourth, most people around here are really just trying to encourage everyone who dares post here to reach for the highest levels. And they believe scratch spriting is the fastest way to do so. After all, the goal of TSR isn't the improvement of sprites, its the improvement of the spriters. Just a tip, don't be confrontational with the TSR veterans. Calling them names is just silly and not a productive way for you to convince them to help you.

Any time someone shows an edit here TSR is going to spout the whole SCRATCH SPRITE song and dance. It is how you react to that which determines how helpful this place can be. If you blantantly fight back? You are just going to spin your wheels until TSR drives you off. Which is a complete waste of your time. A better option would be to just calmly explain that you want to finish this one up right regardless and that you will consider making a scratch sprite later. I'm sure the people here would help you improve this one then (And the scratch sprites you make later). OF course there's the option of just dropping this one and making some scratchwork. TSR loves that one and would be really helpful in that case regardless of starting level.

ALSO the people of TSR tend to ninja longer posts. :/
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: TrunksFightingTeenCustomJus(need Critiques) - by Terminal Devastation - 08-15-2011, 01:08 PM