Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Changes to the Sprite Discussion board
(08-07-2011, 08:31 PM)Diogalesu Wrote:
(08-07-2011, 08:01 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: Sounds interesting! Could you explain that in more detail, please? I've got problems visualizing it.

To describe it, the idea of a user based museum sort of comes to mind, like kind of like sites such as DA or Pj but more simplistic than ether of those given this is just a forum. Like I said earlier the idea of the board is for people to simply show their work granted they feel confident their work needs no further improvements. this way if we have artists that feel they know what their doing they can post their stuff in a single topic for show and nothing more. And people can at least have something new to look at (And get ideas from, if they want to try a certain style someone is spriting or pixeling in) since the thread could be updated as much as the OP who made it desires and if they have work they don't have plans to submit to TSR then they don't have to, this kind of thing could have users post more original works in there. And this has a good chance of attracting new people here who are experienced in Pixel Art.

My idea of moderation is kind of a quality control, there could be a staff group like the sprite moderators to look into the topics being made there, if they feel someone's work could be improved upon then they can move the topic (or post if it's possible) into the sprite discussion and at least give some reason why that person's work can be improved.

This idea kind of popped into my head so I'm open to suggestions in what can be improved for my little idea of a board.

This sounds a lot like something a forum I used to admin had. We had two seperate forums for "showcases" and critique. If people didn't want to work on something anymore or were coming back to it later and didn't want critique on it for the moment, they'd post it in their personal Showcase thread.

It worked out pretty well, though I agree with Dio on having a sort of quality control going. Make sure people aren't posting shitty Sonic edits in their showcase, etc.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Changes to the Sprite Discussion board - by megaMasquerain - 08-07-2011, 08:38 PM