Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Glitch needs some help with not sucking.
First of all, well done for posting customs.
I think currently the biggest issue you have for now is contrast: this is probably due to the background on which you're working on.
I suggest you stop working on pure white backgrounds: choose a colour which contrasts well with the sprite, or a colour that would represent the environment this character's in.
What I also mean by contrast is mainly the difference in value between elements of your sprites: for instance the tunic for the generic jedi doesn't seem to be affected in the same way as his cloak; the generic ninja's gun isn't very readable on the arm or on the background. Some of your outlines, like the lightsaber's, isn't visible on the green background.
Another aspect of contrast is being able to distinguish a form from a background: Glitch stands out well from the background, but since he is dark and there is little contrast in this darkness, I have difficulties seeing the details of the sprite in relation to the white background, which draws my attention more than your sprite, in fact.

I'll be able to illustrate this if necessary.

I hope I've helped!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glitch needs some help with not sucking. - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 08-03-2011, 04:49 PM