Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
So... What do you tell people who don't like people sharing/using ripped models?
Except theft by random people really IS harmless. It happens all the time and you know what? I find it hard to believe you wouldn't have any way to disprove their claims. If it was something really important you had planned on using commercially in the first place I than I have an extremely hard time believing that you were thinking too much about it. Just to be clear, its not that the people who do steal things aren't jerks, but I just don't think they ever do enough to be worth throwing a fit over.

That's completely fine if you don't want to upload rips as well. That's fine if you have stuff you COULD release as rips. There's no reason to even mention it though if you don't plan on releasing them anywhere.

And finally as for your "taking the easy way out" idea on rips, not everyone is an artist. Not everyone WANTS to be an artist. There's a reason why in credit reels you see that people are devoted to one particular, usually very specific job. I'm sorry if I would find it a bit dickish to tell a serious programmer "LEARN2SPRITE" or "LEARN2MODEL" just because he wanted to make a decent mario fangame.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: So... What do you tell people who don't like people sharing/using ripped models? - by Shadowth117 - 07-11-2011, 10:18 AM