Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
So... What do you tell people who don't like people sharing/using ripped models?
My view as to ripped models that are extracted from a game is that it detracts you from the whole 3d modeling aspect. If you have what you need. "Why model anyways"? Its things like that pop into my head. Why should I ever attempt to improve myself if I can get why I need from premade content? Never do you claim the model is made by you. Especially if you show it to someone and they asked if you made it.

I've been working with 3d modeling for quite a while. Sure its fun to have a ripped model to mess with like lets say you didn't know how to approach going about rigging a model. I sure did, then I got to see how a model was "supposed" to be rigged. Thus I took what I saw from how the rig was set up and applied it to my own modeling creations thus I improved with not only rigging a but my modeling aesthetics on how proper edge flow was done. So in that way its good to see ripped things. Edit: Thats how I learned how to do human rigs! haha

But others use 3d models to claim they have them and or made them which is completely wrong. And your only hurting yourself. I only use ripped models for studying purposes also cause they are cool to look at.

@Tiberious We might as well not have had anyone rip the models or make extractors anyways since most can't stand what others do about recolors or edits. It would be "Hey if you want this model do it yourself" sorta thing. And we are all glad these types of things are out there. No hassle. But things like Sonic models come off differently don't know why but they do.

As a modeler myself I hate it when people claim my work as their own. Same goes with coding and spending the time to do that. Like with Noesis for example he want people to credit him for using that ripper to get the content out of a game. And not to have people saying "Hey I did this myself"or just be very vague. Thats the kind of stuff that makes people like Kentilian and Link upset and the others who put their time and effort to do this.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: So... What do you tell people who don't like people sharing/using ripped models? - by TensaSoulSlayer - 07-11-2011, 12:05 AM