Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
So... What do you tell people who don't like people sharing/using ripped models?
From the sound of it, it seems like he's upset because people used something he released in a different way than he had intended. That seems to have at least affected the way he sees model sharing/ripping as well. The way I see it, if you release something on the internet you should be prepared for whatever people might do with it, however unappealing that may be. Even if he's upset by it his releasing it at all, especially without some kind of warning saying not to distribute the models or whatever, is the root of the cause and however upset he may be he's gotta realize that. You can't be mad at someone for doing something they didn't realize they weren't supposed to do.

Even if he did give out a readme that said something along the lines of what they couldn't do, it IS the internet. People are known for doing anything and everything with basically anything that exists online. It'd be hard to believe he hadn't seen activity like this prior to releasing his converter either so he should have realized what he was getting into, especially the jackassery involved in some places. That kind of behavior is hardly exclusive to ripped content either which he probably knows as well somewhere. I will say that while it would be sad to see someone stop releasing converters, especially for reasons like this, he has every right to keep them to himself if he so chooses.

Edit: Also, I wouldn't say its that spammy of a thread mostly because of the legitimacy of the topic. He's not the only person I've heard of that's felt that way about this type of thing.

Hope everything goes well with you and him though. It seems dumb to stop being friends with someone over something like this.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Friedslick6

Messages In This Thread
RE: So... What do you tell people who don't like people sharing/using ripped models? - by Shadowth117 - 06-25-2011, 12:33 PM