Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
So... What do you tell people who don't like people sharing/using ripped models?
"Sure there are almost certainly companies that are really bothered by it, but its not often you hear about cease and desists for this type of content. The Resource sites here wouldn't even EXIST if there were a number of companies opposed to them and might I mention that we've yet to have a company's request to have content removed from them."

This argument right here is exactly what I responded with. But he's upset because people are using a converter he made to convert models from a game that were previously unobtainable, and it's not the fact that they are using the converter to rip/convert or even use the models that he is upset about. He's mad because he saw a handful of people claim they made the models from scratch, and then they're sharing the models saying that they made them themselves. So he's pretty upset because he wanted people to only use his converter for "private use" and not to share the models because they "don't belong to them" and he doesn't want anyone else to have the models unless they legally own the game and ripped them themself.

And so he's pretty mad at them and somewhat at me because I have used his converter to rip and share a few models with people here and there. But apparently he's very mad because he doesn't think anyone should share any ripped model now regardless of how the rip was done. And while I disagree (heck sprite ripping and sharing has been going on for ages and nothing has ever gone wrong because of it) I'd rather be able to find a way to still get along with him even if it ends up being a "agree to disagree" situation. Thing that worries me most though is he is threatening to no longer make any future converters for anyone but himself, mostly because someone used his converter and claimed the model as "their own scratch model".

I apologize if this is a 'spam' thread or whatever. I just figured public discussion was a better route for this.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: So... What do you tell people who don't like people sharing/using ripped models? - by Zerox - 06-25-2011, 07:37 AM