Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Critique my WIP [UPDATE!!!]
(05-31-2011, 12:27 PM)Woppet* Wrote: Cool idea.
Just doesn't look all that professional.
Visible colouring lines can be pulled off if you do them right.
But i don't think that's the case here.

Maybe try using a brush and ink to colour the black parts.
Also some of the lines are jagged.
Having perfectly straight lines isn't important.
It's more important to have continuity in your lines. Don't go over the same line twice.
If you need to create a thicker line use a thicker pen rather than going over multiple times to thicken it up.
Don't draw lines slowly either, i'm not saying go lightning speed but go fast enough that they don't wobble or stutter.

I might be wrong about the lines, maybe you did use one pen, but i still think they could be smoother.
It looks like you used scissors to cut things out too? I could be wrong. But i highly suggest buying a scalpel and cutting mat. They're only like $8-15 for both and make your cut outs look much smoother and more precise.

I'm very interested in the same kind of art as you though, and i think you have potential.
I'm gonna follow you on Deviantart and see how you get better.

I really appreciate your comment.

When you say a brush do you mean a brush with ink or a brush with paint?

I actually used a sharpie and went over it once, because it's really really dark. I can smoothen out the lines since it is Sharpie, so comment well appreciated.

As for the scalpel, I will look into that, but the main reason that the cuts are jagged is because I am cutting tissue paper. It is really difficult to cut straight and nicely, so maybe I won't use it as much.

Also, if you are going to watch me on DeviantART, which I appreciate tremendously, do not do it now. My first account is malfunctioning, which gives me a perfect oppurtunity to make an alternate/new account with new art. I am not at all proud of my art on that account, and I want to start fresh with good art. So once I get good at my new style and creat 2/3 works that are quality, I will create the new account.

Thank you for the help, and could you please just elaborate a little on the lines part of your critique, I'm sorry I just don't understand what you're trying to say.

Thank you.
Me on DeviantArt:
http://frenchlikewoe.deviantart.com/

TSR PokeDex Project
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Critique my WIP [UPDATE!!!] - by stache - 05-31-2011, 12:13 PM
RE: Critique my WIP - by Woppet* - 05-31-2011, 12:27 PM
RE: Critique my WIP - by stache - 05-31-2011, 12:35 PM
RE: Critique my WIP - by Garamonde - 05-31-2011, 01:33 PM
RE: Critique my WIP - by Woppet* - 05-31-2011, 07:29 PM
RE: Critique my WIP - by stache - 05-31-2011, 07:53 PM