Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[GAME][FINISHED (but still worked on)] Final Columbus
Quote:I'd also like to throw out that it's marginally easier to make a sprite sheet out of a character once you've made a solid base. One nice-looking sprite taking 30 minutes doesn't necessarily mean that every frame will take 30 minutes to look nice, since you already have solid reference material to go off of.
You have a point there. Didn't think about that.

Quote:I actually offered to sprite for the game and he said he would rather get better at spriting and do all the spriting himself. Sad
You know, I didn't post about the game here to scout for sprite artists, I posted about it to get it played.
And I'm not saying that I don't liked the sprites you made, it's just that... I have a emotional bond to the sprites I've made (let's leave the tileset and the backgrounds out of this sentence, because I agree that they are sloppy and awful, respectively), I want them to be a certain style, and I want to say by the end of the day: "I made this game.".

...So I guess I just don't like giving credit ; )

By the way, the game has around 400 (multi-image) sprites ranging from 4x4 pixels (Digger debris) to 256x408 (Final boss' 5th form), 38 backgrounds, and a tileset of around 220 different tiles. Redrawing all that would take aeons and be quite tedious, so I wouldn't really recommend anyone to offer to do that.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: [GAME][FINISHED (but still worked on)] Final Columbus - by Yal - 05-20-2011, 07:03 AM