Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Guugolpl0x's pixel bucket (Pointing and laughing at my ameteurism)
[Image: QtJRl.png]

Though I want the point of this thread in the future to be about asking questions about the technical side of pixel art, right now I just want to know if that purple and red wizard guy is ripped off from somewhere.

I started out with that completely bland wizard design (surrounded by angry red arrows and the word NO), but then I started wondering why, even though I limited the color palette utterly, it lacked any sort of character. Turns out it's because the pointy hat and robe wizard has been done so many times that it's only ever cool in its original incarnations. So I looked around my room for things that would inspire the shape of the hat, and I found a cup.

Anyway; I have to know, am I subconsciously ripping this design concept off some other game I've seen? The cylindrical hat and poofy pants just seem so familiar...

Feel free, by the way, to explain to me why the color choice is bad and why I should feel ashamed about it. You can talk about the other stuff, too, like the untested bird animation (actually intended to look lifeless) and the clumsy untested explosion effect.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Guugolpl0x's pixel bucket (Pointing and laughing at my ameteurism) - by guugolpl0x - 05-01-2011, 01:51 PM