Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][FINISHED] - Kirbyvania
Quote:I think it runs a bit "too smooth" - and things go too quickly.
Intentional. I'm not really trying to emulate the hardware restrictions of a NES game. In fact, I've found the problem with both Kirby's Adventure and the Castlevania series (1, 2, 3, and Super 4) being slow and choppy movement. That's also the main reason there's no stairways in this game. Because they suck.
Quote:Also the back shadow thing is kind of annoying, and you can see the edge of the mask that displays it.
The light effect? I'm trying to fix the square edge glitch (man, you spotted it -_-) and the darkness can be turned off altogether from the Options if it's not desired. It's mainly there to make noobs drool.
Quote:I know it's a very minor bug, but I don't know how I did it - I got to the first boss, beat him, but died at the same time...
Also intentional. Given the choice to surprise and annoy the player, I choose the former.
Quote:Also, that verticle falling level was a bit... Pointless.
Well, depends on your playing style. Personally, I found it a hilarious novelty with a downwards scrolling level (nodody does that), and there was a limit to screen scrolling, meaning that going to fast down would kill you. But so many players complained about "being punished for being too good" that I had to unlimit the view scoll speed again.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
[FANGAME][FINISHED] - Kirbyvania - by Yal - 04-12-2011, 08:10 AM
RE: [FANGAME][FINISHED] - Kirbyvania - by Dazz - 04-12-2011, 09:12 AM
RE: [FANGAME][FINISHED] - Kirbyvania - by Yal - 04-13-2011, 01:58 AM
RE: [FANGAME][FINISHED] - Kirbyvania - by Yal - 05-04-2011, 06:18 AM
RE: [FANGAME][FINISHED] - Kirbyvania - by Yal - 05-09-2011, 09:59 AM