Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Things games should have, but don't
(02-20-2011, 02:58 PM)Djanjo Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 11:32 AM)Rökkan Wrote: What Giz just said above :I Come on guys let's get back to game ideas

Something that pestered me that a lot of games don't have (there are only really really really few videogames that allows you that) is the allowance of, after clearing the game or the level, be able to replay that level freely. It either doesn't let you or have some sort of restriction, be it small or large.

A few examples:
On Epic Mickey, once you're done with a certain area, you cannot use the projector screen to go back to it, which is really bullshit :I
On Sonic CD, you have Time Attack mode which lets you play any level you want, and even Special Stages, with no time limit on them, however, all levels are on Present and you cannot warp to the Future or Past.
On Sonic 3, you can replay each level after you clear the game, however you cannot chose to start in Act 2, just in Act 1. And this is annoying if you want to replay just the Act 2 of a level, considering how long Sonic 3 & Knuckles' levels are.

That's a moot point on S3&K, you can't choose Act 2 since by in large you haven't gone anywhere new in Act 2 your in the same Zone just further down. You see how you get to the starting point of Act 2 because you've just played Act 1. The only zone where it wouldn't be weird would probably be Sandopolis and that's being lenient, everything around how you go from Act 1-2 physically happens before your eyes.

Actually the layouts are completely separate. The game just loads the second act so seamlessly that its impossible to know that without seeing the layout yourself. Regardless, in a game like S3&K where you can enter a code to get to a full level select anyway I don't really mind not being able to go straight to a level from a save. Plus you can get characters into places they aren't supposed to be. Sonic vs Metal Sonic or Knuckles in Death Egg anyone? Hilariously enough, if you do Sonic vs Metal Sonic Eggman's tiles will load rather than Eggrobo's and you get to see Metal Sonic kill Eggman.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things games should have, but don't - by Gwen - 02-16-2011, 12:02 AM
RE: Things games should have, but don't - by Shadowth117 - 02-20-2011, 04:36 PM
RE: Things games should have, but don't - by Rai - 07-13-2012, 05:07 PM
RE: Things games should have, but don't - by Rai - 07-14-2012, 12:13 AM