Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Things games should have, but don't
I'd like to see more games that aren't the equivalent of action movies. In the vast majority of games you are basically KILLING DUDES (or monsters) all the time and the plot is almost filler for the fighting.
That can be fun and all, but it'd be like if the only movies you could ever buy were Steven Seagal films.

We also need some female characters that aren't either: damsels, 'action girl' fetish shit masquerading as empowerment, or just hilarious stereotypes.
I don't care if these characters still exist, but when the vast majority of women in videogames are clearly designed with a straight male player in mind it gets pretty fucking alienating. Just a few more games Beyond Good & Evil or Portal, pls.

Also story-based games need to have consistent, well-thought-out stories. I'm looking at you, Heavy Rain, and your ridiculous gaping plotholes.

Things we don't need any more:
save points for fuck's sake stop telling me where I can and can't save. I'm disinclined to believe there are ANY games where this is necessary due to hardware. Some games get away with this if they're shorter puzzle type levels, but most- no. >:I
OH. And all games with significant dialogue or important sound effects should have a subtitle function.
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things games should have, but don't - by Chutzpar - 02-15-2011, 10:40 AM
RE: Things games should have, but don't - by Gwen - 02-16-2011, 12:02 AM
RE: Things games should have, but don't - by Rai - 07-13-2012, 05:07 PM
RE: Things games should have, but don't - by Rai - 07-14-2012, 12:13 AM