Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A few questions regarding Gamecube models
Shadowth you should try using Blender to auto combine the textures! It could speed up your process a whole lot.

Import your model into Blender (textures should be assigned already in your .3dr file) so just export your .3dr file to Obj or something easy for Blender to read. Then press select everything and again to unselect everything.

Now scroll out until the model is really small in your view. Right click it and scroll in to make sure everything now has a pink outline around it to confirm you've selected everything.

Now on the very far left you'll see a grid like image with two up and down arrows on a button next to it. Click that and instead of 3D View change to UV/Image Editor.

Off to the right a little but still on the left side there is an option called "Image" click that and then go up to "Consolidate into one image." Set the texture size you want, by the sounds of it there are a lot of textures so 1024 (it's the default size) should be fine.

Then hit okay and it'll make your new combined texture. Click Image and then click Save As and save the texture somewhere you can find it.

Now you could switch back to the 3D View if you wanted to but it's not required. At the top go to [i]"File>Export"[/b] and export it as a .obj again, I recommend giving it a new name. Then you can reimport it into any program you want and the textures will all be combined into 1 texture instead.

I just tested doing this on KH2's Beast who had 9 textures and I combined it to 512x512 and it works fantastically!

If you have further questions just ask.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few questions regarding Gamecube models - by Zerox - 12-22-2010, 11:07 PM