Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rabid's Ramshackle of Random Renderings [DIGITAL ART]
i actually do the alt-click thing. look at my shelled thing in the doodles thread and the oddish.
i don't want it to be super blended, because then it looks super blurry, which i don't really want. i want it to look painted. step 4 or 5 is fine with me.
thanks, though! you seriously are the best at giving advice. Very Sad

i don't think my perspective is anything to be proud of, but basically, i have a mirror in front of my workstation, one of those big, old ones. ever wondered why i couldn't draw my feet properly? well, there you go. i just look at my pose as i draw, just focusing on getting the outlines right. then i make a new layer, and enlarge/stretch/lengthen parts while i draw another sketch. THEN above this, on another layer, i start to zoom in and draw with a 3px hard round brush. usually, i stretch the arms and thin them, because my animu tastes don't find my own structure very pleasing.

alternatively (and you will hate me for this), i draw a crappy thumbnail of the pose. then i use google images and various sites, even sometimes modelling basic shapes in blender to get the bits and parts right. i make a crappy collage of the whole body (i don't even bother selecting the right parts, i just select, copy, slap it together). and then i copy. again, i enlarge parts to taste. and there you go. Big Grin
here is an example of what i want to achieve
http://sakimichan.deviantart.com/art/Ran...168h&qo=25
look at this dude's hair

but i think i make up for my lack of skill with just blurring everything :X
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rabid's Ramshackle of Random Renderings [DIGITAL ART] - by LeleleleMAXIMUM - 08-19-2010, 08:38 AM