[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How did they blend this on the SNES? *pic included*
Whoa that's a nifty feature. I'll have to d/l vSNES now. I'll just include my messed-up version in my sprite sheet and keep my vSNES findings to myself. Big Grin

And yes, it is different with the layers turned off, I did notice that. I'll post a comparison screenshot for those who want to see what exactly I'm talking about. I did notice without the legs I could mimic almost perfectly (since I couldn't use the legs) what the actual image looked like if I screened the head and reduced the opacity of the ectoplasm (or I think that's what I did...) so I know alpha channels were indeed in use. It's actually not as impressive in game because you don't see the "screening. There was a GameMaker program someone made to compare blend modes and I was thinking of fiddling with that using the sprites, but haven't gotten around to it. I know some GM blend modes aren't easily replicable in PSP and was thinking maybe the SNES was similar.

But yeah, i'll post a pic in a couple minutes.

EDIT: nevermind. I worked 14 hours today and have to work another 8 or 10 more tomorrow. I don't feel like playing through the game again tonight.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How did they blend this on the SNES? *pic included* - by TheouAegis - 03-15-2010, 01:23 AM