Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Music Competition #1 - Peaceful Place
Dex Wrote:IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

All competitions will currently begin on Monday, March 8th, 2010.

Fuck, I knew I was forgetting something! Very Sad

Anyway, it's the time for tSR's first music compo, brought to you by... me. Before starting, give those a read:

1-I sincerely don't know what kind of badge the Staff is doing for the music compo, so I guess it's one for the 1st, one for the 2nd and another for the 3rd place. But I might not be correct, so sorry for this. I'll edit this section when I get to know the prizes.
2-Since people use different tools for composing (Famitracker, Fruity Loops, Melody Assistant, to name a few), we'll judge the entries for the quality of the melody and how well it fits with the subject. That means, an orchestra-sounding music isn't always better than a simpler-sounding tune; so don't feel discouraged!
3-Upload your works in some file-sharing site, in MP3 format. MP3 is accesible to virtually everyone, so converting your stuff into MP3 is very convenient. You can also use Youtube for this.
4-If you think there's not enough time, contact me, and I'll change the deadline; but I'll only change it if a lot of people complain about it.

So, let's see this compo's subject!

Subject: Peaceful Place
Deadline: March 31st
Brief: Do you know those places that look peaceful and calming? A garden full of flowers, a small, quiet village or even an oasis? Compose something with this special place in your mind. 'Calm' is the key word now!

TIPS:
-The places I mentioned are just an example. You can use other places as reference, too.
-You can use other songs as reference. It's okay to do that, but don't blatantly rip off from it: be creative.
-If the subject is strange and very vague, request a change.
-Only the completed entries will go to the voting topic, so make sure you post the completed version.

I believe that's all. If I missed something, feel free to post.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Music Competition #1 - Peaceful Place - by Gors - 03-08-2010, 08:41 PM