Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Another thread about Pokemon sprites?
No, the criticism is good. Anyway, I tried changing the green. But due to style restrictions, I had some problems. This al;lows for only Black, white, and two colors. Most pokemon use two shades (like Eevee through Espeon, two shades of the main color, Umbreon is different because Black is already one of the necessary colors), but others like Charizard on this sheet http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy...sheet/9204 use two colors to color different thing (Charizard has orange for the body and dark blue for the wings' insides. The orange on his body has one less shade and therefore, overall, he has less shading than Charmeleon with two shades of red (or the Eeveelutions).

So the left of the two Leafeons (#1) has Shading like Charizard, dark green for the leaves and yellow for the body. Things are more distinguishable, but there's almost no shading aside from white highlights and a bit of black dithering.

The right one (#2) has the green acting as a darker shade of yellow and as the main color for the leaves. This one is shaded like the other Eeveelutions. I tried using the darker green for the shading on #2 and things were too dark. Likewise, things were too light with #2's green on #1.

I also changed around some parts of Leafon's head and ears (his head is really crowded; ears, fur under ears, fur between ears, that leaf on the forehead in front of the fur between ears).

[Image: eevees.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Another thread about Pokemon sprites? - by Wes - 02-16-2010, 08:33 PM
RE: Another thread about Pokemon sprites? - by Wes - 02-17-2010, 11:46 AM