Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
Doodles and Finished Pieces
[Image: lardman.png]
Heavily inspired by the Motörhead logo:
Now I see why Donald Duck has no pants; drawing pants on animal legs just ends up looking strange and out of place...
Thanked by: Candel, Gwen, JuninFC, Lexou Duck
(10-07-2012, 09:29 AM)Lexou Duck Wrote:
(10-06-2012, 10:02 PM)Mighty Jazzers Wrote: Quick Photoshop question (again), does anyone know how to get sharper lines using smaller brushes? Anything smaller than size 4 is really light and blurry...

Well there shouldn't be much reason for you to use size 4 in the first place
you should draw big

very big

Except with Photoshop's interface, too large of images are incredibly hard to work with on a 1600 x 900 monitor especially when I have to keep reference images on the side.
Plus what I'm working on now (Halloween gift) is already going to be a lot of work, it doesn't need to be any bigger than 700 x 700. I've also already got it all sketched out so I'm not re-doing it. I'm still just a newb at drawing so I can't be overloading myself at first.
I've seen artwork with really thin outlines (like what Inkscape makes), but nevermind, I'll just stick with 4 and 5. It's not going to be overly detailed anyway, just some sharper/thinner edges in some areas would be nice is all.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
[Image: ty5sk.png]

Well the "perspective" i tried to get working on the arm doesn't work at all...

also her back twists like fuck and the hand are bad

but i still think it looks nice
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
[Image: 4osEl.png]
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
That Pokemon seriously needs to consider getting a belt. Tongue

Nice work, by the way.
God is good.  Big Grin

An old fart who sits on a chair, giving animation and pixeling advice,... and calls everyone son...
Thanked by: Baegal, Garamonde, Virt, Gwen, Gaia
Smithy, you should draw more TSRians. Your drawings a freaken awesome.
[Image: FK4rxzT.gif][Image: rZSrTAQ.gif][Image: QUmE6.gif][Image: b0KxM.gif][Image: 3CczX.gif][Image: qjGOacY.png][Image: smC8iWb.gif][Image: FK4rxzT.gif]
[Image: shrine.gif]
Anti-Vipershark Operation Pantsu Weapon - By Kistu-nii~ Cute

Thanked by: Sevenstitch
some protoss head practice:
male
[Image: fHVCF.jpg]female

and Halo: Ghosts of Onyx SPI armor:
[Image: lXFYk.jpg]
note to self: draw arms and hands larger when they are closer to the camera Very Sad
Thanked by: Gwen, Kitsu, Cshad, Virt, Mutsukki
Alex those heads are wonderful I love them

I dunno, something about them is really cool
Thanked by: alexmach1, Lexou Duck
[Image: 1cTJs]

I give up on character design
Don't give up, that character is adorable

I love the retro phone communicator Smile
[Image: 22610_s.gif]

Thanked by: Sorario, Garamonde, Kami, Virt
[Image: 2zpnsph.png]

Well i'm learning how to use photoshop, so i tried coloring this thing that my teacher drew (see previous page for context)
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
(10-08-2012, 10:35 PM)Kitsu Wrote: [Image: 1cTJs]
[Image: 2qsnseq.jpg]
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

So I started to draw some characters today, and I didn't take pictures of them and wanted to show a friend, so I drew very rudimentary versions quickly in Paint with my laptop's touchpad mouse thing. Also did stuff with halftones again because I find them intriguing still.

I'll take a picture of the actual ones tomorrow. Too lazy to find my camera tonight (and yet not lazy enough to not completely redraw them, only worse, apparently).
Thanked by: Garamonde
How do you make anything that good with a touchpad. Very Sad
When I try it comes out as a nonsensical scribble.
In fact I should post a touchpad doodle attempt sometime, I could see that becoming a popular subject.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
[Image: XcU0N.png]

trying to draw interesting dynamic poses, cause that seems to be my biggest issue at the moment

this really doesn't feel natural...
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥