Users browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)
Doodles and Finished Pieces
Thank you! Yeah, I'm definitely putting those eyebrows on soon..it's really creepy without them lol

I like your take on O'Malley's style. It has a bit of your personal touch into it, which I like. Also your comic overall is looking rad: nice, clean changes of perspectives.
Btw, you are a ballsy man to do inking. Kudos to you.
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

Thanked by: LeleleleMAXIMUM
thanks. on perspective, that's eyeballed. mucking around with perspective guidelines is not only hard, but the results look stiff. :c
i'll be trying to get something as smooth as yours, Star. i've been thinking about how i'd approach it the whole time i've been out. @u@

oh and inking is hella fun! tried out pen nibs a few weeks prior, and while they're great, the number of pages i ruined was just too much. and i had to use good thick paper. and i had to wait too long for it to dry. brushes rule.

</rant>

have some old stuff that i don't think you guys have seen:
if you have, then stop stalking me, stalker
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by: Baegal, Previous, Marth, Gaia, Star
HELICOPTER PRINNY
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
finally got a cheap scanner, and tiem for massive image files.
for some odd reason, i cannot imagine a back view of crappy blue luigi that looks GOOD. the TFR sketch was originally gonna be an original character sketch, but the body shape reminded me of cokealorum and from there it exploded.
... Last link appears to be broken. Other than that Elites are quite pesky to draw. Belive me, I tried.
Thanked by: alexmach1
(06-03-2012, 08:22 AM)LeleleleMAXIMUM Wrote: thanks. on perspective, that's eyeballed. mucking around with perspective guidelines is not only hard, but the results look stiff. :c
i'll be trying to get something as smooth as yours, Star. i've been thinking about how i'd approach it the whole time i've been out. @u@

oh and inking is hella fun! tried out pen nibs a few weeks prior, and while they're great, the number of pages i ruined was just too much. and i had to use good thick paper. and i had to wait too long for it to dry. brushes rule.

</rant>
You're welcome! I need to start eyeballing my perspectives then, because I get that "stiff" result like my penis when I do perspective.

Well, what I do to give it that smooth look is a mix of brushes. I use the fine round brush to get my colors down, then go over it with the water color brush. I would advise just messing around with it before getting onto a serious project. Also, be sure not to push TOO hard or overuse the water color brush. What it'll do is make whatever you're working on transparent and you'll lose contrast and the colors you desire.
[Image: 9fryz.gif] [Image: QUmE6.gif]
[Image: XwNYE.gif]
[Image: qjGOacY.png]

Click the link below to view the New Super Mario Kart Project! [Seizure Warning]

Thanked by: LeleleleMAXIMUM, recme
@alexmach1 Your doodles are great, quite an attention to detail there, huh

My only advice would be to look at your own hands before drawing them, that's the only way you'll never get them wrong.
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by: alexmach1
[Image: tumblr_m4xou8b95w1qih4jgo1_r1_500.gif]
Just got Colors 3D on my 3DS, which I really like so far, except...

I got part way through this picture and somehow it erased the monk guy. He's still there in the preview and when I exported the picture he was there (thank God), but when I view the picture or try to edit it in the application he's just....gone. GRAAAAAGHRGHJARJds
I really liked how he was coming out, too Sad
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
Plus JPEG. Whenever someone sends me a letterbox letter with a Colors3D image, first thing I see are JPEG artifacts. I know they can't do PNG with their MPO, but they really could use less strong compression. Besides they could have made their own format instead of using that MPO thingy, it's not like that one was a well-known format or anything.

Your Monk's face still creeps me out :-)
Thanked by: Phantom Killah
Yeah, the JPEG is pretty lame.

Fun fact about the monk's mask: It's actually based off of a mask I made for art class in high school, which was itself based on a type of traditional korean masks (like these:
[Image: GyongbukMasksChungSungJunGetty.jpg])
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
doodling at work

[Image: kZ1xO.jpg]
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Nice cactus!
Thanked by: Gors
That cactus may have some tasty juice inside it if you know where to poke.
Thanked by:
Warned for exposed Sengi nipples.
Thanked by: