Users browsing this thread: 57 Guest(s)
Doodles and Finished Pieces
Old.
EDIT: [Image: tophatandbowtiewithcloa.png]
FLY AWAY NOW
hrrngngh I'm so jealous at how clean your lines are. Do you hand draw those?
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
Yeah, however I do zoom in a lot in places where I need to make smaller adjustments. I'm doing the final lines with SAI's line and curve tools, though, to make sure everything is really clean for the final picture.
Thanked by:
wow a headshot of a monstery lady with no eyes
how unprecedented

[Image: 251210-squidlocks-lo.jpg]
IGNORE THE SKIN IT'S AWFUL. I think I need more blues. Hrm.
I kind of like the tentacles though C:
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by: Devicho, Gwen, Maxpphire, JarJar, Cshad
i don't really get the shading, and i think you should do more work with marker pens, so you can try out different ways of using them, seing if you can blend colours together, dilute it with water, etc. for instance, what's happening at the bottom of her chest is interesting (variations in density of colour, its diffusion, the shape of the stroke...)
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Maxpphire
The shading was looking much better until I did the top tentacles, realised I'd overshaded and then decided to add the band at the top in a vain attempt to make it less jarring :V

Not gonna deny that I totally phoned this in though x:

Looking at it now, I think I should have layered more purple into the shading. The only problem is, the purple I have is pretty similar to the pink, so my options are still a bit limited! I'm not sure if diluting with water would work, since they're alcohol based, but I'll play around with it later. If not, I could probably try using lighter fluid or something because I am so punk (but I'll have to try that on less expensive paper in case everything goes horribly wrong)
Or, until I get more pens / get more used to markers, I could probably lay pencil over the top! Pencils are boss.

Thanks for the pointers, though! I didn't want to sound dismissive in my post :V
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by:
Also if it helps any, I like to experiment with markers before I actually use them in a drawing to figure out on how they blend, what they tend to blend well with and what they don't.

Also it seems as if that dark purple would work with the blue quite well so if you just make that dark purple while shading it might work out.
M A C H I N E G U N
         ⌒°。>◡<)⌒°
             /_▄︻し┻┳═一(いち)(いち)  ┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨┣¨
[Image: tumblr_mr2bjoHi1v1qh8espo1_400.gif][Image: NfIxSTK.gif]
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
eh I think the tentacles are fine the way they are, but eh what do i know

also
[Image: battlekat.png]

A sketch of my sister and nephew for my mom's x-mas gift. I primarily used a mechanical pencil, and paint brushes for blending.
It took a few hours across 3 sessions. I know theres more to improve on but its in a frame now and I won't be doing anymore.

Side note; Im gonna really try and make the effort to be an active member as part of my news years resolution, cause I kinda miss you fuckheads Smile

[Image: 165268_10150357232045206_829340205_16361...1031_n.jpg]
[Image: 27216257.jpg]
jesus
Thanked by:
(12-26-2010, 06:50 AM)Tachikoma Wrote: The shading was looking much better until I did the top tentacles, realised I'd overshaded and then decided to add the band at the top in a vain attempt to make it less jarring :V

Not gonna deny that I totally phoned this in though x:

Looking at it now, I think I should have layered more purple into the shading. The only problem is, the purple I have is pretty similar to the pink, so my options are still a bit limited! I'm not sure if diluting with water would work, since they're alcohol based, but I'll play around with it later. If not, I could probably try using lighter fluid or something because I am so punk (but I'll have to try that on less expensive paper in case everything goes horribly wrong)
Or, until I get more pens / get more used to markers, I could probably lay pencil over the top! Pencils are boss.

Thanks for the pointers, though! I didn't want to sound dismissive in my post :V
okay!
it's not about thinking it won't work, you have to try first! and it might work in a different way anyway. Wink
yeah try pencil on top, that sounds interesting.
and as kat said, you can mix markers to create new colours (though they are darker as you can guess, because of the layering).

oh and nice work jarvis jarjar (sorry i mixed up jarjar and anubis Shy )

Thanked by:
I hate taking pictures of work, but when it's bigger than a scanner, what are ya gonna do.
[Image: m-vero_crazy-fucking-octopus-eye-shit.png]
big
[Image: veromsig.png]
Holy shit, that is awesome.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Drinks
i'm surprised i haven't posted these before.
oh well now i can tell i've spent too much time on da :I

This is still unfinished but ugh idk how to make it small and clickable
[Image: tumblrle3h7apruy1qdxqzv.png]
[Image: cIUPd.png]
Give me my own member group!
--
megazario Wrote:quite amazing good job make up more keep up the good work
plz dont give me a bad point plz for sounding a bit gay here