Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31)
I was mulling my character over during my period of being incapable of working on him, and I was thinking maybe I should take advantage of losing everything and start completely over with the crane robot-monster as my ref. Otherwise I could pull my old guy from my avatar and remake his idle (it would take like five minutes) and then get back to him.
What do you guys think? Crane or Bulb?
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

Thanked by:
(04-26-2012, 02:54 PM)[robo9] Wrote: If you included a pile driver and an elbow drop, I will love you forever

Consider it done.

Edit: Done (the elbow drop, at least)!
[Image: 8O33V.gif]
Also have some animations for your viewing pleasure:
[Image: tDr8N.gif]
[Image: obrMf.gif][Image: D1aGI.gif][Image: 8JvCc.gif]
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

(04-26-2012, 03:01 PM)Sir Zadaben Wrote: I was mulling my character over during my period of being incapable of working on him, and I was thinking maybe I should take advantage of losing everything and start completely over with the crane robot-monster as my ref. Otherwise I could pull my old guy from my avatar and remake his idle (it would take like five minutes) and then get back to him.
What do you guys think? Crane or Bulb?

Bulb. I think the crane monster would be too difficult for you to try and sprite at this time no offense, because of how it's design is more complex and all.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Zadaben
@Neko Lovin' those sprites. though the End Laser hurts my eyes. Can you make it a bit slower?

@Zabaden Bulb.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: Zadaben
@Neko: Robo's shield looks a little weak, as it flickers in and out of "solidity" (is that a word?) Maybe just have it do that once on startup and then maybe pulsate outwards or have the individual hexagons circle the projection point (his eye, I am assuming)?
@Mighty: Oh, if you are thinking Guycott-level crane, that isn't what I meant, I would anthropomorph-ize him (for fighting purposes) and he would be much more simplistic than that, I am aware that that is beyond my current spriting capabilities. Smile
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

Thanked by: Garamonde, recme
I wasn't trying to say "you aren't good enough to sprite that!", I just meant that a big crane monster would naturally be more trouble to animate than a light bulb character.
And personally, I honestly feel as though the bulb (I'm half-tempted to call him "Mr. Sparks" for some reason...) has come to fit you so well.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Zadaben, recme
(04-26-2012, 04:09 PM)recolormeme Wrote: @Neko Lovin' those sprites. though the End Laser hurts my eyes. Can you make it a bit slower?

@Zabaden Bulb.

Lasers probably wouldn't look well moving slow. Also, you have to remember that you are looking at a loop where as in the game it will finish after a second or two.
Thanked by: StarSock64, Gwen, recme, Garamonde
[Image: cxwMM.gif]

rough
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I thought I'd have a go at doing a character (of me Tongue). I want to know what you'll think before I take it any further.
[Image: iIHXBnJq12ztD.png]
Hat coloured using the Palette.
[Image: ibnpamYNB79t2d.png]
Hat coloured using 2 darker shades of grey not on the Palette.
[Image: icnLmZxTgHzyg.png]
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
I'd go with the second frame, the lighter hat, it gives your character even more character Smile
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
I honestly prefer the darker hat
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by: HandToeKnee
I'd go with light to avoid adding new colors to the palette for a single character, but thats just me.
[Image: LJ08y.gif]
Is this a decent start at all? I'm aware of stuff like the iffy hair and legs (and possible over-shading/overdetailing), but I was wondering if I'm staying reasonably within the basic style. BTW, I'm going to attempt to make Gene here a striker/assist/whatever-you-wanna-call-it character.

QUESTION: Other than sticking to the color palette and staying simplistic, is there a color-limit rule?
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
no, not at all, the color limit would be the artist's common sense.

also I'd suggest making your char smaller; it's never good to make a character as big as the box. It gives you less vertical space to do some movements. nice work overall though c:
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
i'd agree with gors on that one.
Thanked by: