Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31)
Dangit, this is driving me crazy. Does anyone have a link to a motion blur tutorial? Thats whats really slowing me down and I'm trying to improve but I'm going nowhere fast.
Thanked by: Gwen, Zadaben, recme, Garamonde
Try looking at Meta's sheet and Vipersharks's sheet for inspiration, they have quite a few.
Also pretty much what Korby said below. vvvvvv (arrows pointing down)
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

Thanked by:
(04-10-2012, 01:24 AM)LegostormJ Wrote: Is this better/more in style? (Still a WIP)
[Image: EJpO5.png]

He seems kind of like he'll fall backwards if you poke him.

Also, for motion blurs, while I'm not really the best at them, I think you find out where the object is going to be, where it was, make a giant blob in between them, and then edit the trail to be whatever.
Make a separate thread for your stuff legostorm, i dont want to see this one cluttered with your WIPs.

either you do it, or i'll move everything you've posted on this thread to a new one.
(04-10-2012, 01:31 AM)Chaoxys Wrote: Dangit, this is driving me crazy. Does anyone have a link to a motion blur tutorial? Thats whats really slowing me down and I'm trying to improve but I'm going nowhere fast.

Post the sequence you're trying to animate, and I'll see if I cannot throw you in a decent direction.
Thanked by: recme
[Image: Z8k4k.gif]
Awesome, that should help. One of the main things I'm having trouble with actually is quick turning and what not, but I think I'm starting to get an idea for it. Also, for whatever reason, when making motion blurs, I never too deceleration into account.
Thanked by: Gwen
LegostormJ: Gonna say this now so it can be over with;
TSR is a community where we don't soften our crit. for anyone, even those of lesser skill, so you'll have to get used to that.
I know you haven't been here a lot but just remember that nothing anyone says is personal. If we don't throw it at you hard, then the message won't hit home and you'll keep continuing in the wrong direction and struggle when you could be using that time to be getting better and making progress.
So do not give up, and don't use the lazy excuse, because you're above that, we know you are, so prove it by working hard and putting everything you have into it! If you want to be in the game, you have to work for it.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: recme, Mutsukki, Ploaj, Solink, Zadaben
Working on my back punch

[Image: 2u58egi.jpg]

Does a quick pose which knocks the opponent into the air.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Gwen
exxagerate that pose more, make the legs more far apart, the more absurd, the better.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Is this any closer?
[Image: x23rf7.jpg]
I have the arm going up a bit more to make it feel more like an upper cut, as well as a dance move.

If you'd like, you can draw over it to give me an idea as to how the legs and what not should be.
[Image: YdFAl.png]

Grab attack sketch

Phantom pops out of ground and grabs foe while PK relaxes w/ pipe

[Image: Yi9ZP.gif]

...I should really be studying right now
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
I'm trying to make an assist.

[Image: kkmreference.png]

1- Have I succeeded in catching the style?
2- I'd rather use him in B&W, but Koopaul's also got a B&W character. Eh.
3- Does anyone know how to shade a fridge? I'm at a loss.
I don't see any harm in using the palette you wanted, I think it looks fine.
Thanked by: Garamonde
personally? i like your character better in color, but it's your choice entirely. if you like black and white, then go with it.

other than that, your sprite looks to be in-style, and also quite stylish.
Thanked by: Zadaben, Garamonde, Gwen