Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31)
That wouldn't really be a good pose for idle if that's what that is for. It doesn't lend itself to being battle ready
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
I was trying to make him look kung-fu-y, crane style.
Not working?
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

Thanked by:
I think your boxing pose would work fine. I guess one might not consider it very "dynamic," but it's certainly practical.
Thanked by: Zadaben, recme
Is this any better?
[Image: 10d6yq9.png]

Thanked by:
It's the kind of pose that really needs to be animated for us to see it work. Having said that, I'm not sure about his straight leg. It seems too straight to keep him balanced. If you stand on one leg, you'll find that it leans towards the centre of your body. This is because the base of any object (in this case, the area covered by your feet) must be directly underneath the centre of mass for the object to remain balanced and not topple. Keep this in mine when drawing interesting poses such as this. If it helps, temporarily draw a dot roughly where the centre of mass is, then draw a line vertically down. If this line is not between the feet that are touching the ground (or inside a single foot), then the balance is off.
Thanked by: Zadaben
[Image: 2e531o8.png]
His center of balance line goes through his foot, so I think it should be okay, when I tried making his leg bend, it looks as though he is about to jump in a horribly discoordinated fashion. Or like he is about to fall over.

Thanked by:
I was thinking more of having it straight, but at a slight angle. Also note that when you stand, the majority of your weight is usually put on your heel (if your foot is flat to the floor, or at least mine is). For that sort of pose, he should really be on tip-toe, but otherwise should have his foot moved inwards by a pixel or two. It just looks odd with such a vertically straight leg.
Like this?(the one on the right)
[Image: eq8ile.png]

Thanked by:
That is better, I think.
His arms look too long when compared to his legs.
Thanked by: Gwen, Zadaben
(04-02-2012, 11:44 AM)Chaoxys Wrote: Isn't there a different version of Devicho made by Gors or something? Idk, I swear I saw a better one than the one on that list somewhere.
Well, I did have one pose and was working on an idle but stopped because Gors said he had one in mind. I think that just happened to be the most recent one posted...
Yes, both Devicho and I have worked on Ingrid, hers is probably what you are thinking of.
@Ploaj: The are supposed to be stretchy.

Thanked by:
Maybe you should make them be attached by electricity :p
That was actually something I tried during the desining process, but it didnt turn out too well, I didnt like the effect.

Thanked by:
Ploaj: Yes, but his arms could be extendable! This would make him a character with very good range.
He could also extend his arms out to the opponent, stick his plug hand into them, and electrocute them. Big Grin
He has many possibilities!
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Ploaj, Zadaben