Users browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31)
i believe that would make things easier for the programmer.
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi
Thats what I was thinking. The issue is that, that is why my range is so bad. I mean, I could probably pull him back to the left a few pixels, but it wouldn't add much range.
Thanked by: Gwen
It would make things simpler, but it's by no means difficult to correct for it if you move him back to add more range.
Thanked by:
(03-23-2012, 12:07 PM)Chaoxys Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 07:36 AM)Gors Wrote: to make the range longer, place the character more to the side of the box. The box only limits the sprite space, not the animations.
Wait, does the sprite have to be in a consistent location within the box, or can it change to fit the animation? I have it centered right now becuase I wasn't sure if it had to be or not. I was afraid that if I didn't center it, the animation in game would be jittery.

I get what you're saying, but the 64x64 box is only to limit the sprite size. Animations can be bigger than the box, so you can change the character's position inside the box. In those cases, though, you need to make an example animation with a bigger canvas size so everyone knows what's going on that animation.

[Image: jetplex_by_gorsal-d4r4d9n.gif]

for example, every sprite here is made inside 64x64 boxes, but the animation is done in a much bigger box to show the move.

tl;dr yes, you can place the character in a different place. Of course, if you can make the whole animation fit inside the box (e.g walk, crouch, jump), place a fixed point and animate them accordingly.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Previous, Chaoxys, Garamonde
[Image: 966A0.gif] 9 frames
[Image: MbvWd.gif] 4 frames
Which do you prefer?
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

I actually prefer the 4 frames, the 9 frame looks awkward when he's going up in air, like he's just floating up, where as the 4 frame's immediacy fits the attack better, IMO.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
(03-23-2012, 09:28 AM)Meta Wrote: i'd like to see both gaia and jawsun's sheets animated. ijust for the sake of seeing how each of these animations connects between each other(remember they are not an isolated event, they're all suposed to start from the basic idle stance.)

Mine's still in progress, tbh. I have yet to animate any of these as they don't seem to have enough frames yet for that, heh.
Thanked by:
(03-23-2012, 01:02 PM)Action Bastard Wrote: I actually prefer the 4 frames, the 9 frame looks awkward when he's going up in air, like he's just floating up, where as the 4 frame's immediacy fits the attack better, IMO.
I agree with you. Thanks for the reply!

[Image: 3fAy7.gif]
Comeback sprite.

[Image: o6U3O.gif]
I tried to an idle sprite... I'm hopeless :/

[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

(03-23-2012, 12:57 PM)Gors Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 12:07 PM)Chaoxys Wrote:
(03-23-2012, 07:36 AM)Gors Wrote: to make the range longer, place the character more to the side of the box. The box only limits the sprite space, not the animations.
Wait, does the sprite have to be in a consistent location within the box, or can it change to fit the animation? I have it centered right now becuase I wasn't sure if it had to be or not. I was afraid that if I didn't center it, the animation in game would be jittery.

I get what you're saying, but the 64x64 box is only to limit the sprite size. Animations can be bigger than the box, so you can change the character's position inside the box. In those cases, though, you need to make an example animation with a bigger canvas size so everyone knows what's going on that animation.

[Image: jetplex_by_gorsal-d4r4d9n.gif]

for example, every sprite here is made inside 64x64 boxes, but the animation is done in a much bigger box to show the move.

tl;dr yes, you can place the character in a different place. Of course, if you can make the whole animation fit inside the box (e.g walk, crouch, jump), place a fixed point and animate them accordingly.

Mkay, thanks. Most of mine will be lined up evenly, but the punches, and maybe the kicks will be an exception.

Only problem is now i'm too distracted with Kid Icarus to fix up the animations.
Thanked by:
I'm no animation god, but at last, the throw is finished! Here's what's intresting about the throw though, it's a combination of the grab attack and throw moves. Just hold -> Punch for a good amount of damage. If the frames need good amount of balance, let me know.

[Image: kar91k.gif]

And now, the rest of the animation tests:

[Image: jb2sz7.gif]
[Image: 2lt3dlj.png]
Posting my WIP of a punch because I dont think the idle will affect it much, ref being Cammy.
[Image: 4sjm2s.png]
I am not trying to replicated her excactly, just her general positioning.
That's all for today.
EDIT: QUick stopping back on to point out that she is supposed to be leaning towards the punch, just not into the background, I meesed that up when I added the left arm it covers the curve in her back, will fix tommorrow.
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

Thanked by:
(03-21-2012, 05:56 PM)Devicho Wrote: Honestly, I'd wait to see what Gors comes up with first, before going on and doing a ton of stuff.
Also, I edited an earlier post but I don't think anyone saw. Anybody have any ideas for her Midnight Moe? I have one idea but it's obscure, so I was wondering if someone else had a fitting idea.

Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Gaia, Devicho, recme, Garamonde
Gaia, your idle's looking kind of crazily jumpy, and I think your punches need more reach! Range would affect your gameplay
[Image: sxv5uJR.gif]
[Image: 34pkisn.gif]

POW, RIGHT IN THE KISSER! Foward Punch (modeled after a CERTAIN finger attack) is done. Three animations down, plenty to go~

StarSock64 Wrote:Gaia, your idle's looking kind of crazily jumpy, and I think your punches need more reach! Range would affect your gameplay

More reach in my punches? that'll be considered once I finish the remaining poses, mainly redoing the run frames, the specials and Midnight Moe, which I'm still thinking on. Nisa (Hyper Dimension Neptunia/Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten DLC, Nippon Ichi Software U.S.A.), or as Guycott suggested, Iris (the Mega Man franchise, Capcom)..

And the idle? Well.. I tried to re-create Temjin's idle (Virtua-ON, SEGA) and failed miserably.
Thanked by: Garamonde
(03-23-2012, 10:53 PM)Gors Wrote:
(03-21-2012, 05:56 PM)Devicho Wrote: Honestly, I'd wait to see what Gors comes up with first, before going on and doing a ton of stuff.
Also, I edited an earlier post but I don't think anyone saw. Anybody have any ideas for her Midnight Moe? I have one idea but it's obscure, so I was wondering if someone else had a fitting idea.
This, also to be honest you don't have her exactly "on model". (For example, her shorts extend a bit past her belt, kinda frayed out, whereas you just have them end right at the belt.)
Thanked by: Zadaben