Users browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31)
Keep up the great work guys, loving the style. There are some beefs I have with some animations, but it's definitely nothing to worry about for the time being.

...might try to make a character sometime >:D
[Image: 35ar9d1.gif]
Also working on forward movement and Punch 1.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Mutsukki, Zadaben
That idle is very, very stiff. There is not nearly enough motion in the actual pixels. The knees should be bending for a motion like that. If it's meant to be a simple breathing animation, you can get away with just modifying the pixels to create the "breathing illusion", or using subpixeling on the details.

(His) right arm is also noodley
Whipping an edit up right now if you don't mind, actually!
[Image: gCeMP.png]

quick little sloppy edit, but hopefully it should give you a better idea of what you should look for wrt the character's build.
Thanked by: Zadaben, Garamonde, Gwen
(03-19-2012, 06:10 PM)Action Bastard Wrote: [Image: 35ar9d1.gif]

So wait, did you get yet another new character again? Just curious.
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-19-2012, 06:28 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote:
(03-19-2012, 06:10 PM)Action Bastard Wrote: [Image: 35ar9d1.gif]

So wait, did you get yet another new character again? Just curious.

It seems like that, but I just majorly edited archer boy, joebutler has an archer, and I just did some aesthetic changes as well.
SO TYVON: I'm just going to take that and run with that if that's okay with you.
Thanked by: Alpha Six, Garamonde
[Image: 34nif53.gif]
Some progress, now he's too jumpy it seems, and I'm going to work on breathing after a little break and some Bulls whooping the Magic.
Thanked by: Gaia, Mutsukki, Garamonde
The leg sliding like that doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and there's no upper body movement.

unrelated: butt poop fart

[Image: NZygA.png]

[Image: rIygA.png]

THIS WAS ACTUALLY KIND OF FUN????

[Image: 4fbqa.gif]

suddenly,
That looks good! However, everything apart from the head and torso transform, which... makes it seem a bit odd. Perhaps a bit of tweaking around the head would do the job.
It's funny because the sprite looks like Vipershark's counterpart :B
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

I think I'm going to legitimately need a lot of help with animating anything if I actually want to finish a sheet, because so far all I have is this very obvious WIP of an idle. I don't know if I a terrible animator or if I worry too much about how everything looks and just give up halfway through.
[Image: brJUg.gif]
Thanked by: Mutsukki, Zadaben, Gwen, Garamonde
I was actually working on an Idle for you (edited from your original sprite), was saving it for later, and it isnt done yet, but if you want to go off of what I have so far, feel free, and if you decide to not sprite her, then I will try if you want. Smile
[Image: iw2n2p.gif]
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

(03-19-2012, 08:28 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: It's funny because the sprite looks like Vipershark's counterpart :B

two of tsr's giants squaring off
@Tyvon, it's REALLY great and all, but it doesn't really fit the unfinished feel of the official sprites. There's too much shading.
Thanked by: Shade, Garamonde, Helmo
That's honestly what I feared the most while I was working on it :C
Thanked by:
(03-19-2012, 08:36 PM)Sir Zadaben Wrote: I was actually working on an Idle for you (edited from your original sprite), was saving it for later, and it isnt done yet, but if you want to go off of what I have so far, feel free, and if you decide to not sprite her, then I will try if you want. Smile
[Image: iw2n2p.gif]

Thats a rather awkward looking stance.
Thanked by: Zadaben, Garamonde
(03-19-2012, 07:44 PM)Action Bastard Wrote: [Image: 34nif53.gif]
Some progress, now he's too jumpy it seems, and I'm going to work on breathing after a little break and some Bulls whooping the Magic.

The problem is the bad animation design, mate.

Okay for your sake and others I'm gonna throw out some general tips regarding the subject, mainly for non-looping and double-backing animations as that's mainly what's used in fighting games (1-2Dope4 and 1-2Dope4Dope2 respectively)
EDIT: Shit, page-ending post again.

(03-19-2012, 07:46 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: [Image: 4fbqa.gif]
suddenly,

Hips-down is great, but it's kinda too obvious with the floating head and limbs. You might be able to hide it better if you add more life to the floating parts.(such as making the front hand tilt up or down, or some movement to the loose part of the beanie(I think?))
Thanked by: Garamonde, Gwen