Users browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)
tFR:SDtW Non Gors Workshop - NEWS! (05/31)
So quick question, should I ditch the frame where the gun bucks up entirely? Or if the shoulders push back a bit more would it still be fine?
I'm looking up videos and I can't really seem to figure anything out, since my gun fires energy and not actual bullets, so I'm not sure how the charged energy projectile shot should recoil with his body.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
[Image: sp82ok.png]
Fixed up some stuff and added some more stuff and stuff and stuff
stuff
So, once I got back from my great grandma's funeral, and my recent addiction to Cave Story Wii, I see this thread, and say, "Hey, why not make try my hand at this, and get myself in a game!". So I do that, and here it is:
[Image: scaled.php?server=832&filename=sponge732...res=medium]
(In case you're wondering, that gun is the Machine Gun from Cave Story...)
So, please give me crit.
Thanked by: recme, Solink
How is THIS for a Midnight Moe!?
Princess Cat-girl, aww yeah!
[Image: 6BL2b.gif]

Slightly updated sheet
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

so since my guy's pretty much got amputated arms, and I guess he should be an artist of sorts...

fffffuck, that kind of leaves me with an obvious answer for Midnight Moe, doesn't it?

also I've got an awesome spritality idea and I'm going to do it in celebration of me being able to animate again, ahahaha
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

[Image: znJor.png]
Neko's Spritality: Super Neko Kart Bury Your Foe in Tarmac Enemy Run-over!

Final Sheet:

Oh hey, new ref

[Image: BCRAr.png]

Based on cartoons, really. I'd of preferred him to be black and white like the one on the right ('cause he's mostly based on old cartoons, way he walks, attacks etc.) but Koopaul already took that spot and I'm not sure if there can be two similar characters... but I'll use the grey one if I'm allowed to Shreksual Healing
One can be an alternate colour.
[Image: BannerMain.gif][Image: A9p8V.png][Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by: Perseus
(02-27-2012, 04:25 PM)Perseus Wrote: Oh hey, new ref

[Image: BCRAr.png]

Based on cartoons, really. I'd of preferred him to be black and white like the one on the right ('cause he's mostly based on old cartoons, way he walks, attacks etc.) but Koopaul already took that spot and I'm not sure if there can be two similar characters... but I'll use the grey one if I'm allowed to Shreksual Healing

I WAS WONDERING WHEN YOU'D JOIN! That looks awesome buddy! Big Grin
[Image: sweet-capn-cakes-deltarune.gif]
Thanked by: Perseus
Somehow the white wasn't white in the sheet. That's fixed and I've added a recolor that doesn't screw up parts of poses, statusses, with the exception of Strawberry, in which case the innertube colors can be ignored, since it isn't visible.
I wanted a blue recolor as a reference to another character, but that did screw up some frames. Ah well...
@ Perseus:
I prefer the colored one. The character's design doesn't strike me as 'black-and-white cartoon'. He looks more like a 80's/90s cartoon character.
The black-and-white does fit Koopaul because it complements his old age. IMO I'd prefer the black-and-white to be Koopaul exclusive. It wouldn't be as special if more characters adopted that idea.

Thanked by: Garamonde, Koopaul, Solink
Updated!

[Image: OiZ3o.png]

There is something slightly surreal about drawing what is essentially yourself in a maid outfit...
Thanked by: Gwen, Garamonde, Solink
[Image: 1m9zW.gif]

Damn, aren't I slow!

I'll see what I could do.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: Solink
Take this as you will, but over the years, I've thought of a female me. It definitely is surreal.
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by:
(02-27-2012, 05:03 PM)recolorme Wrote: [Image: 1m9zW.gif]

Damn, aren't I slow!

I'll see what I could do.

Might want to think about either thickening or removing the shadow on his shirt, it doesn't really make sense at the moment.
Thanked by:
Okay this looks even worse, how do I get him to look like he is beconing his foe with a fist ready to punch?
[Image: 5pfs0h.gif]
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

Thanked by: