Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
cartoons thread
before I pass out into a slumber I just want to say.

That if courage the cowardly dog does get a reboot, I want a sequel for an episode that made me... Nnnnnaaauuuughhhtyyyyy
[Image: freaky_fred_by_crisrocker95.png]
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Gaia, Maxpphire, Marth, Kriven, Gwen
(03-09-2012, 06:46 PM)GaryCXJk Wrote:
(03-09-2012, 02:43 PM)Kriven Wrote: Also, whatever they did to Lola, but that thing isn't her.

That is true. They made her more, you know, looney.

You see, a great dynamic comes from two opposites. That's why Bugs is more of the straight guy and Daffy more of the loon, and that's why Lola is KA-RAZY and Tina serious business.

But then why not introduce Honey into an actual cartoon? She's basically just a character sheet with no personality. Instead of murdering a character who has one, why not just use the one that can't be murdered?
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
As far as I know, nobody really liked Lola anyway, especially since her subsequent appearances in other Looney Tunes shows prior to the current one. And those that do like her must admit that THAT Lola would never work, neither as a Looney Tunes character nor as a character for this show. I mean, Tina Russo is pretty much the straight woman in the show already, although she too has her own quirks. Lola... yeah, her original form just doesn't work well in this context of the show.
Big sigs are for scrubs.
Thanked by:
(03-11-2012, 10:13 PM)GaryCXJk Wrote: Lola... yeah, her original form just doesn't work well in this context of the show.

If you look back to her 'humble' beginnings, she was origionally intended to be a character exclusive to her debut theatrical film, Space Jam. Which is odd as we never saw the villans again yet two or so years later Lola appears once more in Baby Looney Toons, which I found quite strange.

So yeah, she wasn't meant to be a classic character, and if she was, she would've been in the context of one of Taz's family members from Taz-Mania, who once again strangely just like the other 'toons introduced in that era was never seen again. They just simply vanished from Looney Tunes 'canon'. If you go back even further one of Bug's many clothing selections, as he tends to crossdress at times.
Thanked by:
Okay, I almost vomited in pure excitement about that Courage ad. I hope that's real, and not a really sick way of teasing fans : (
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by: ~DrakoRero~
Speaking of Looney Tunes from the era of the 90s, where the hell are the Tiny Tunes? And maybe we can get a little Animaniacs revival?
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:
Yeah, unlikely, seeing as moral guardians prevented the original Looney Tunes skits from ever happening ever.

That means we won't get to see whacky mallot action (or mullet action, but that one is for completely different reasons), out of fear that children would re-enact these scenes. Any Animaniacs revival would just be dumbed down to the max because of all those sequences not being present anymore.
Big sigs are for scrubs.
Thanked by:
Adventure Time cartoon is epic :lol: the clown nurses episode if freaky though.
Thanked by:

I came.
[Image: unf.png]
Grand Line Shore
Thanked by: Shade, Gwen
FUCK. Me too Smug
[Image: b6Bqjzn.gif]
Thanked by: Cell Shaded Envy
http://korranation.tumblr.com/post/19697...s-saturday
AKA: First 2 episodes of Korra can be viewed this Staurday, online, because the goal of 10,000 shares was reached. We did it.
http://www.korranation.com/ - watch it here on saturday
[Image: foamy.gif]
[Image: unf.png]
Grand Line Shore
Thanked by: Gwen, Rosencrantz
I don't mind the changes they made to Lola, but I really wish Bugs was more of the asshole he used to be. Normally when Daffy is making an idiot of himself, Bugs would look on with a sly expression while chewing on a carrot... Why isn't Bugs ever chewing on a carrot in that show?! That really... bugs me.
Thanked by: The KKM
kind of want to jump back to courage again for symbolism's sake:

the ending in this episode alone makes the king ramses episode like nothing holy shit. Kind of makes me remember how much they got away with back in the day.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: Gaia, Tellis
I've been watching massive amounts of Futurama over spring break.

Right now I've got the first four seasons and the first movie watched.

It's a pretty dang good show. Not the best show in the world, but I'd rate it a solid 4/5.
Thanked by:
Bender is the show
Thanked by: