Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Sound Preview
I was hoping there would be a way to listen to a preview of the sound(s) we are about to download. For many reasons, that would be very practical, in terms of browsing. I don't think most people (especially ones with a sucky internet connection like me...) really feel like downloading everything in search of ONE sound.

Also, I strongly recommend making seperate sheets(Not for each sound, but for categories or groups of sounds.), and a "DOWNLOAD ALL" button at the bottom of the page.

At last, maybe we could think of some form of icon for sounds ? The text view is REALLY boring, and not attractive at all.
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
Icons SOUND like a good idea (heh), and then you realise you're doing icons for very... abstract things, like footsteps.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:
Maybe even a list of voices if there are voice clips(I.E. The world ends with you)
To right the countless wrongs of our day,
We shine this light of true redemption,
That this place may become as paradise.
What a wonderful world such would be...
Thanked by:
Uh

The voices for TWEWY are all separated by character. Unless you mean something else.
Thanked by:
See, I was thinking something like this.
Or even, without the image. Just the box. It's still prettier than the text view.
[Image: weaponso.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
Mm. I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think it's as bad as you're making it out to be.

I would like Game icons though. No real reason not to have those.
Thanked by:
Yeah, you can keep the text view, but please divide into categories, for those people who are tired to have to download a whole F***ing game for a few sounds
By categories I'm thinking what you did with castle crashers.
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Thanked by:
But It's more or less like that with everything.

The games where it's listed as "All Sound Effects" either struggle to have enough individual sound effects to have dedicated folders, or the effects are too generic to separate that way. Hell, even Trauma Centre has its SFX split between Story and Operation. Furthermore the file architecture of a game may or may not make distinctions between what the sounds are used for. Thankfully a lot of games to put separate effects in separate folders (Pokémon goes so far as to give each Cry its own folder!), but not all games do. And sometimes extracting the content from that can be a bitch.
Thanked by:
Icons on the Sound Page?

The Games could have Icons, but Packages? Sounds funny, but needs too much time and audio-video-creativity. Shocked
Currently not ripping stuff. I'm not in mood for it, sorry.

Latest uploaded Rips on t?R:
You remember some not up? I don't.
Thanked by:
Not at all. Just do a random speaker vector and there's your icon. Or maybe just a screenshot like Lexou did
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
Hmm, the speaker vector ? That's not very representative. :/
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Thanked by:
Which is my point. A percentage of the sound rips are going to be either very vague of very abstract. Trying to get a representative image of each one is harder than with sprites/textures (Since they're OF something), and really just kinda unnecessary.
Thanked by:
I understand...

Although, please consider my other ideas.
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Thanked by:
With some fancy scripting you could actually allow the user to see what's in a zip file, and access the files individually. You could even cache things to keep the load on the server to a minimum.
Thanked by:
Well, pretty sounds are impossible to make an icon...
This idea for download all is pretty good, also I separated every rip mine, also I'm working on on another one... *spoilers*...
I think I don't want to exchange my idea to what I'm ripping, I think a surprise is awesome...

Or, if an sound have an icon, could be just an "sound" or a zip icon...
"sound I'm saying like from Windows, the headphones, and other"...

EDIT: I will tell you! Mario Kart Wii ALL VOICES (not sound, character voices on gameplay and others)
I make a dumb thing, I saw NPC (Non Player Character) and after some exploration on files, I saw PC... PC have all character sounds, because it's playable character...
Stupidty thing, why two sounds for CPU and yourself?
Thanked by: