[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)
The GameDev Lounge 00000011
as much as i adore shmups, i wish i had more time to work on a game at all. good luck tho!
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:
(08-30-2016, 05:47 PM)SKELTON S. SKELETON Wrote: okay so like question

is there anyone who A) has a week or two to spare and B) wants to make a quick little shootemup. if not i'm gonna try out pico-8 again because im really interested in it as a platform and its different from what ive worked in before

I keep hearing about this legendary "free time" but unfortunately I have yet to acquire any of it. Like Jazz I'd love to work on this if I could but I'm just too busy with other things and wouldn't be able to work on it reliably.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Kold-Virus
(08-30-2016, 05:47 PM)SKELTON S. SKELETON Wrote: a shoot them up
Graphics ?
Thanked by:
Figured I'd quote this cross-thread just so you all could see it over here too.
(09-07-2016, 06:30 AM)Vipershark Wrote: https://www.humblebundle.com/gamemaker-bundle

For $15 you get GM:S Pro, the HTML5 module, and all three Mobile modules.
The normal price of all of these is over $1000.

If you ever wanted to try your hand at developing games, this is a deal you absolutely should not pass up.
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by: puggsoy
I dunno if this goes here, but I'll post it.

[Image: yVioB2I.gif]
[Image: Vb8vjwW.png][Image: uIrDfRP.png][Image: Jd3PZ8y.png][Image: BvmA5Pf.png][Image: 6L4ceD0.png][Image: LAKfOPp.png][Image: 10CGjip.png][Image: gEIdmj2.png]
Thanked by: miyabi95_, iyenal
Do you think your engine can be ported to tablets devices ?
Thanked by:
If someone has the patience to do it, I won't stop him/her.
[Image: Vb8vjwW.png][Image: uIrDfRP.png][Image: Jd3PZ8y.png][Image: BvmA5Pf.png][Image: 6L4ceD0.png][Image: LAKfOPp.png][Image: 10CGjip.png][Image: gEIdmj2.png]
Thanked by:
o gosh what is this?? and why is the placeholder art so bad??
Thanked by: Gors
isometric animal crossing starring toad?

toadimal crossing?
pkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Thanked by:
Nah, it's gonna be a Toad treasure hunting game on the Genesis.

Toadstalker.
Thanked by:
Toad was just a conveniently sized iso placeholder.

Game will be original IP

Itll also play similar to the board game Runebound as far as stats and combat go
Thanked by: miyabi95_
Cross-posting from the gamer lounge:

(10-02-2016, 05:35 PM)puggsoy Wrote: Really interesting article for both gamers and developers about pixels vs voxels, as well as vector vs raster and how they all relate. A bit long but it has lots of images and was worth it in my opinion.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:
[Image: 6qSBTLn.gif]

spent like 2 hours implementing this
Thanked by: puggsoy, Kold-Virus
(10-02-2016, 12:43 AM)Sengir Wrote: o gosh what is this?? and why is the placeholder art so bad??

I think it's toadally awesome
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: puggsoy
what's the 'right' way to make graphics for Mobile games?
My phone is a Galaxy Note 4 which has a resolution of 1440 × 2560, many phones have 1080 × 1920 and the iPhone 7 is an oddball 750 × 1334.
I realise I could just export multiple assets for different resolutions but it just feels so wrong and stupid. But even so, simply scaling stuff up/down will break fine details like regular grids or thin lines. Any best practices to follow?
Once there was a way to get back homeward
Thanked by: