[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Legend of Zelda Link to the Past - 3hr59min49 no glitches no saves Speedrun

Took a break from game creation to play one of my favorite games of all time.  This was streamed before a live audience so you will hear me interact with them.
That said, I made a few mistakes so the time could have been even faster.  Now, I've never looked at a guide for this game so I have no idea where the remaining hearts
pieces are located save for maybe 2.  I also forgot where the Cloak was as well.

I feel if I knew where those were at, I could have easily done a sub 5 hours 100% run.  Anyway, wanted to share this playthrough! Smile

I cut 45 minutes from my previous best time and I didn't even practice which is bizarre.
Didn't want to make a new thread (maybe this one should get renamed?).

Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers on NES!

Side note:  I also have a solid engine coded with AREA 0 part 1 laid out in full just in-case anyone wants to do an HD remake someday with me.  Tongue /plug
Thanked by:
maybe you should name this thread with something related to speedrunning/how well you know a game. id go with just a plain old, "the speedrun thread," but thats just me. there are probably more creative names than that

actually relating to the thread, cave story is a game i love speedrunning. of course, i dont record the times or whatever, but its really not that difficult of a game if you just take the bad ending.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: Marth
(03-22-2015, 05:21 PM)recme Wrote: actually relating to the thread, cave story is a game i love speedrunning. of course, i dont record the times or whatever, but its really not that difficult of a game if you just take the bad ending.

PFFT!  Naw....

Ballos is the only way for the run to feel complete....I still can't beat that son-of-a-gun, not even because of the boss itself, but trying to get to him with decent health.  I've seen the many ways to cheese him, but...
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by:
i mean, i can beat ballos. reaching to him at a reasonable time is the problem here. also, beating him on your first try is another thing too. sure, i can beat him in 8-10 minutes, (which is a damn slow pace) but the rng blocks + bosses + traversing = multiple tries.

the bad ending could work for the any% run category anyways.
[Image: XeE6VeC.gif]
Thanked by: