[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Jer's Junk Drawer - Okami GB WIP
Just wanted to post some sprites for a project idea I had for a Link's-Awakening-style Okami Game Boy game mock-up.

The top sprite here was my first attempt which I didn't complete because it was too big to work with the game mechanics I had in mind.

Anyways, thoughts on how I could improve it? Or is it decent the way it is?

[Image: okamiGB_Ammy_v1x1.png]
[Image: okamiGB_Ammy_v1x3.png]
Why does the head of that wolf sprite look so familiar? I mean, yeah, it's GB, not much room for detail, but, still... Would you perhaps be affiliated with Tavi Turnip?
Thanked by:
I made all the sprites from scratch, so if there's any resemblance to anything else I'm afraid it's merely coincidence.
Thanked by:
Oh, I'm not accusing you of anything; sorry if you took it that way. I just think it's cool how much it looks like Tavi's since it's a cute style, that's all.
Thanked by:
Hmm...Okami in Link's Awakening style, huh. Considering I've been drawing quite a bit of demake stuff lately, this would be interesting to see. These sprites look pretty nice, but the head and feet are a little too realistically proportioned to fit in with the style. I mean, when you're working with monochrome 16x16 graphics, attempting realism just doesn't look good at all. Why not try for proportions like I did with Wolf Link here? His side sprites fit nicely into a 24x16 hitbox just like yours.

[Image: t1404s1.png]
Thanked by: E-Man
Your sprites do look nice, but I see you're referencing the large sprite on the top of my sheet. Like I said in my first post, that was just a first attempt which I ditched because I realized that a 24x16 sprite wasn't going to work with the game mechanics I had in mind. Right now I'm focusing on the five 16x16 sprites on the bottom. I probably should have just removed the large sprite from the image to save on confusion.
Thanked by:
[Image: kDxjO89.png]
I had a go at making the face more like a wolf's. The GB's palette is quite dull, so I was thinking that your sprites could look good in colour, like GBC.
Looking forward to more! Smile
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: Paladin, eureka, Alexsani, Kelvin
I like what you did there, it makes Ammy look a bit less puppy-like. I took them and tweaked them a little bit, what do you think of these:

[Image: okamiGB_Ammy_v2x1.png]
[Image: okamiGB_Ammy_v2x3.png]
Thanked by: Shade
I like the changes, I feel like it helps the readability a bit.
Thanked by: