[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
shawn tries things
[Image: mazescraps.png]
[Image: isotest.png]
[Image: stylizedgame.png]

and more things to come probably
Thanked by: PrettyNier
Alright, I mentioned about tangents in the chat.
First, I'll show you what I showed Starsock: http://designlesson.blogspot.com/2010/10...llels.html
This explains tangents far more thoroughly than I would.
Obviously in the case of this drawing you can ignore the stuff about parallels, since all the parallels in your piece are very clearly a conscious decision - but do be sure to read the bit about parallels anyway, for later reference~

And then I made this, where I identify all your tangents; the red ones are your point tangents, the orange are border tangents.
(sorry it's a bit fuzzy, scaled it up in a vain attempt to make it clearer, and Sai's resizing is pretty awful)
[Image: shawntangents.jpg]
I also missed one on the underside of the cloud on the far right - there's a point intersection with the corner of that iceberg.

Hopefully I shouldn't have to explain anything if you've read the link I posted, but if you need it, I'll be happy to explain further c:
[Image: 6WzBw.gif]
Thanked by: Shawn, Baegal
Zeemort stop going off on a tangent. :>

p.s.
i really like the shading on the hedge