[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
These are not Pokémon
Well they technically aren't. Gameboy-ish style but I wasn't too particular about all the technical limitations, I just tried to use as few colours as I could without it looking like mud.

[Image: gsc_call___morty_by_neslug-d357ol3.gif]

I tried to replicate the Live Caster calls in Pokémon Black & White and I believe the Gameboy could display those colours with some background and sprite layer mixing in the face area. Of course, only one portrait would be onscreen at a time.

WIPs:
[Image: pokemanz.png]

Some pokegurls to come (I was thinking of doing Erika or Whitney next).
Thanked by: water dog
These look cool! I like the guy at top the most. The only thing that sticks out for me is that cheren's eyes are too close together, and his face looks a bit scrunched up, while N looks a bit stiff by his shoulders.
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B], Neslug
Morty looks very good. His right shoulder needs not that highlight, however.

I just realized this would be incredibly annoying if it were present in-game.
The shoulders on morty don't seem even.

might be me, other then that, these are really good.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
(12-19-2010, 08:06 PM)Baegal Wrote: The only thing that sticks out for me is that cheren's eyes are too close together, and his face looks a bit scrunched up, while N looks a bit stiff by his shoulders.
I would've fixed Cheren's eyes actually but if I pull both eyes apart one pixel they're too far away from each other and if I just move one, one is closer to the nose than the other which just looks even worse. I'll see what I can do about both points you brought up though.

(12-19-2010, 09:03 PM)BynineB Wrote: Morty looks very good. His right shoulder needs not that highlight, however.
The reason I added the highlight was because that area seemed kinda flat and I wanted to have some dithering in there because it's pretty much the trademark of the style. It's not absolutely necessary like you said, here's a version without it:

[Image: mortyq.png]

(12-19-2010, 09:47 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: The shoulders on morty don't seem even.
It might be because the left (our right) shoulder has his scarf going over it. Other than that, I assure you both shoulders are the same height and width.
Thanked by: Baegal