The VG Resource
Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2 - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Game Vs. Game! This week: SA1 Vs. SA2 (/thread-26790.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - Shade - 04-06-2015

(04-06-2015, 01:46 PM)Gors Wrote: Thank you Iceman I suddenly like Melee now thanks to your enlightening words
Now this is just a passive aggressive shit fling of a post at it's finest. Come on, dude.

RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - Gwen - 04-06-2015

Can't blame him, Gors gave valid opinions that Iceman just dismisses as not enough, as if Gors has to match Iceman's expectations for why he doesn't like the game.

RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - Gors - 04-06-2015

I have tried putting my opinion here many times and it appears it is never enough to explain something that is subjective. Do I have to draw it or something? If I am not allowed to have an opinion then there is no reason to prolong this further.

RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - Iceman404 - 04-06-2015

Please stop victimizing yourself over and over

If you don't want to clarify what you meant, which I just wanted to hear out of interest, then nevermind about it. I can't tie you to a forum thread on the internet

RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - Maxpphire - 04-06-2015

bawwwww opinions

Iceman, we get it, you like melee, please stop trying to shove it down everyone's throat and let people enjoy they game they want. Gors isn't trying to troll, if anything I think he's fed up of having your melee dick forcibly shoved in his mouth. You're more then welcome to enjoy melee more, but seriously, you don't have to argue your opinions over and over, people aren't going to suddenly like the game just because you do and beat them over the head as to why you do. People can like games more for whatever reasons they want.

Warned, oh and if you want a real troll's opinion: All of the SSB games are nothing more then a party game Shreksual Healing (Don't actually respond to this)

Lol Iceman, you basically attacked his opinion when he posted it, invalidated it and stomped on it, stop acting like Gors is flipping you the bird and trolling.

So did you forget to read the part where I said I understand not everyone likes Melee (far from it) and just wanted to know what he meant by a few little things?

RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - Maxpphire - 04-06-2015

No but I think you forgot to follow your own words there buddy!!!

Iceman40 Wrote:To top it off, I could honestly give less than a damn if you enjoy it by the way. Its a topic to discuss games and you just chimed in with a single word post, an opinion like that isn't worth a second look if it had to get one.

You mean this, in which you continued to attack his post as you put a half assed "it's okay if you don't like the game!" that even then sounds snotty?

EDIT: Yes my wording was pretty aggressive and poorly timed, but even then it seems like even the moderator
[Image: tumblr_mmcwbufLmC1r5xzspo1_400.jpg]
So I'll just be done here before I look like the bad guy anymore

RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - Vipershark - 04-06-2015

Jesus christ you guys
This sort of shit is why I didn't bother discussing any of the games I didn't like in that earlier thread

Stop getting so defensive over videogames, holy crap
People have different opinions. Deal with it.

RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - Koh - 04-06-2015

Aww, but I wanted to see some tables getting flipped like
┻━┻ ︵ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ︵ ┻━┻

Anyway, I've played both, but Brawl more so. To be perfectly honest, I don't see why they divide the fanbase into two, with one treating the other game like the devil. They were both in good fun in their own right I'd say. Both have their annoyances, but both are also something you can come back to, especially with friends.

I'm sure we'd all agree they have more variety than the likes of some regular fighting games, so there's that.

RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - recme - 04-06-2015

man, i dont see this thread for a while and this is what happens. oh boy, where do i start...

(04-06-2015, 08:44 AM)Rhyme Wrote: it's just silly seeing a somewhat 'for fun' thread taken so heavily

personally, i think of this thread as a "strongly discussing posts" thread rather than having fun talking about points. sure, fun can be had when talking about how passionately you feel with a game, but it doesnt really get farther than that.

also holy fuckkk did the shitflinging happen. cant say i didnt see it coming, but i was seriously hoping i would be proven wrong. also, sorry gors, buddy, but:

(04-05-2015, 08:11 PM)Gors Wrote: You all can blurt out all the pro meta game jargon and lingo you want, I will never be able to enjoy Melee.

we... were never asking you to like melee in the first place, actually! sure, you dont have to ask us for your opinion, but you made it seem like people were shoving melee down your throat already, and this was prior to the shitstorm. i get that you dont like it compared to the other ones, but not a whole lot of people didnt worry about your one-word sentence.

i can see where your coming from with the jargon, but i personally dont try these techniques myself when playing melee. i actually play this game super casually, and its a lot more fun that way! it was really one of the first games i have ever played, so i really dont want to ruin that sentiment by learning these advance techniques. i know, i probably mentioned that i want to learn one day, but its almost comparable as middle school kids saying they want to join the NBA when they grow up.

pleased dont be discouraged from posting your opinions. i find it very interesting to hear a completely different thought on a topic thats generally one-sided. melee vs. brawl is usually a huge shitstorm of a topic, so this shouldnt really be surprising...

(04-06-2015, 02:12 PM)Iceman404 Wrote: So I'll just be done here before I look like the bad guy anymore

iceman, my smash brother,

i feel so fucking silly for saying that...

i know gors's comment probably sounded like a jab at melee, but you really cant do anything to change his mind about it. he sounds pretty dead set on liking brawl, which isnt a bad thing. its like how some people i know just like drawing, even if they arent that good at it. as long as its fun, should the way they play really matter in the end?

well, like i said, i cant say that i didnt expect this. i was hoping that you guys would prove me wrong, but we had an admin come in the situation, a warn (which i didnt think was really necessary...unless it was like, verbal or something...) that happened, and shitflinging that occurred. i guess ill just avoid talking about huge topics like this since people tend to show heavy bias in their opinions.

only a couple of days are left until the new topic, so please try being civil for the next couple of days..

RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - Gors - 04-07-2015

Let's start,

Quote:we... were never asking you to like melee in the first place, actually! sure, you dont have to ask us for your opinion, but you made it seem like people were shoving melee down your throat already, and this was prior to the shitstorm.

This is true in a way though, as I have been bashed by other several Melee fans prior to this discussion. So I'm tired of having to deal with it - thought it would be different here but oh well, I was dead wrong

You can see that I did not aim the comment against anyone here however, and I made the second post after the first one to complement it, as requested. Sure, it was an error of mine posting a single word - being at work and using mobile to access stuff not pertaining to work should always be avoided... My bad on that part.

As for the game itself, I simply cannot play it. I don't like the playstyle, the physics, the voice, the models. Even playing it 'casually' proved to be difficult for me - it's simply not my cup of tea, a subjective thing. I can't be expected to make a page long dissection of why I prefer X over Y because it's simply my taste: Melee does have infinitely many strong points but what can I do if I don't like it? I gave my opinion: I prefer Brawl over Melee, and that is all.

Additionally: me being a staff member does not exempt me from participating as a member, because I ultimately am part of this community. When talking to me about subjective stuff such as preferences or stuff not directly aimed to the community's growth, ignore my status as admin: because 1-having a red name makes me no better than anyone of you, and 2-I won't warn or ban anyone solely because of opinions.

OBS: This is just to justify and put my final words in a neatly manner - I don't mean harm to anyone despite this conflict and I hope everything turns back to normal.

RE: Game Vs. Game! This week: Melee Vs. Brawl - Kosheh - 04-07-2015

I love how talking about Melee always does that, with the "Fuck you for having an opinion different than mine, my game is the best and there's nothing you can do to convince me otherwise" posts. I've gotten blasted IRL over it in college and then I met some cool people while playing Brawl, too

Oh, you wanted my opinion. Oh.

*pulls beat up CRT television out of car trunk with duffle bag full of chewed-up GCN controllers and spice orange gamecube, hooting and shouting over his friends' body odor as I set up the gamecube next to your SSB4 demo station in Gamestop* "hey guys hows it goin" *lets out a loud fart* "let me tell you about my favorite smash game of all time" *wipes nose with hairy arm, turns to you with a little battletoad foot of a booger hanging out of my nose* "it's brawl, that's for sure. oh why am i playing melee with my fam here? it's because *loudly belches* whew excuse me, this is all my crew plays" *loud snort*

so, *scratches beard exclusively on neck* I like brawl because it's a perfect game if you have no IRL friends like me. i actually got hella decent in brawl because i'd play almost nightly with friends, which is definitely something I couldn't do where I lived through my teenage years, and i actually liked its pillowy soft, super-slow gameplay because it's a lot easier to play through lag in that. I feel like if the game were faster and quicker like melee and had online play, it'd actually be MORE frustrating to play online, especially with split-second controller ponytricks techniques like wavedashing and dashdancing. there was also subspace emissary, which was a GREAT singleplayer mode to play through, even if it suffered from CPS (Capcom Platformer Syndrome) near the end, artificially inflating its playtime. Unlocking characters in Subspace felt SUPER REWARDING too because you'd just stumble upon them and if you either cleared the stage with them or beat the crap out of 'em they'd be playable.
It also basically forced you to learn and understand the playstyle of at least a dozen characters, which in my opinion was also really nice. It's something Smash 4 could have really used, because I'm actually somewhat afraid of picking up the newcomers because of it.

*snorts up some mean mucus* "they could have really done without tripping though and having sakurai doing all the balancing himself" *hawks loogie into sonic drive-in cup* "otherwise we wouldn't have ended up with a clusterfuck of a wii title" *it turns out his friends picked a stage without him and it's fucking venom of all places* "god DAMMIT CRAZY P where is ur girlfriend im gonna touch her boobies when im done here. i'll talk to you later i gotta establish my role as top-t-t-t-Top Dog"