The VG Resource
Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! Now on New 3DS WOAH! - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! Now on New 3DS WOAH! (/thread-25396.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - TomGuycott - 01-06-2015

That sounds amazing. Very Sad

It also puts the E3 footage into more perspective. That giant walker thing could have been an open world boss.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Kosheh - 01-14-2015

Today's Nintendo Direct announced the best thing ever. Hyrule Warriors is now GOTY.

[Image: HvZxIi7.jpg]

Tingle is playable. I think he actually ballet dances and kills a whole platoon of goblins.
(Though from what I remember, a balloon also inflates and pops, which...is what kills the goblins. bummer)

Also Young Link, who can briefly put on the Fierce Deity mask and kill things.

ALSO three alternate costumes - they were shown as silhouettes but it looks like OoT Sheik, Skull Kid Link, and another costume for Impa (probably OoT outfit as well??)

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - TomGuycott - 01-14-2015

The Skull Kid silhouette looked it might be Lana rather than Link because of the shape of the legs, but who knows.

At any rate, the new Adventure Map seems to include 5 new 8-Bit weapons and 13 new colors, and I'm reaaaally excited for this pack.

I'm disappointed Skull Kid isn't a character, buuut I do like how Tingle and Young Link look.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - E-Man - 01-14-2015

I love how North America is more or less accepting of Tingle these days. I remember when most Zelda fans couldn't even stand seeing that guy's face in any Zelda game! XD

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Chaoxys - 01-14-2015

(01-14-2015, 11:00 AM)E-Man Wrote: I love how North America is more or less accepting of Tingle these days. I remember when most Zelda fans couldn't even stand seeing that guy's face in any Zelda game! XD

Oh, people still hate him, but now it's more of a love hate thing I believe.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Darky's Manifestation - 01-14-2015

i never had anything against skull kid until today where he was announced playable over skull kid

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - GaryCXJk - 01-14-2015

Okay, I'm confused here, did you actually say Skull Kid was announced playable over Skull Kid or did you either mean Tingle or Young Link?

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - TomGuycott - 01-14-2015

Models extracted from game revealing three of the five upcoming 8-bit weapon unlocks.

Anyway, I am thinking the Skull Kid costume will most likely go to Lana, as all five of the other main protagonists who aren't from different times all have a dlc costume after this pack, as the other two shadows are obviously for Impa and Sheik.

Lana's movement definitely fits Skull Kid a bit better than most other characters, and the only other character who ALMOST fit that body structure was Ghirahim. However, then it conflicts with Ghirahim's design with his Awakened form and his tongue whipping.

In terms of recolors, I'm holding out for Ghirahim's full form as his next one, an Agahnim color for Wizzro (though I'd settle for one of the composer ghost colors), maybe a Majora's Wrath color for Ganondorf, the Giants color for Darunia, and that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Jermungandr - 01-14-2015

I noticed Y.Link has some other masks on him aside from the Deity one, which makes me wonder if he has other mask moves that they haven't shown off yet.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Kriven - 01-14-2015

It would be really neat if instead of regular bombs, Young Link used the Blast Mask. I think that would be a cool way to utilize the same general items every character can use, but in a way that isn't... how every character uses them.

I'm also hoping the Great Fairy Sword is one of his weapons, and that he at least has his standard sword-and-shield set along with the two-handed swords.

It looks more like his set is based on wielding the sword 2-handed style. That being the case, I think that the Great Fairy sword would be an excellent choice for one of his weapons (In my opinion his strongest makes the most sense).

As for other masks, I hope they do incorporate them in some way, even if it is not the transformation ones.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Koopaul - 01-15-2015

I've always liked Tingle. It makes me wonder how the US can love the annoying weirdo Spongebob and all his quirks but not Tingle. I see them as somewhat the same.

Overly happy, childish, annoys other characters, does embarrassing things.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Kriven - 01-15-2015

Tingle's a great character... I guess he just spits in the face of the grimdark types who take this too seriously, or like their fiction too serious.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - AuraLancer - 01-15-2015

I liked him in Majora's Mask. He was a silly side character that had some amusing bits like when you showed his pictograph to the swamp photo contest guy. But then he kept coming back in later games and the charm wore off quickly. I don't have a problem seeing him here though.

RE: Waifu Warriors: Featuring Link from the Legend of Zelda series! - Kriven - 01-15-2015

Part of me is hoping they chose Tingle and Young Link so they have a starting point for next year's surprise Wind Waker DLC pack (Toon Link and Toon Tingle costumes)... but... I know it won't be so ;-;