The VG Resource
TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Discussion Boards (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-133.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-135.html)
+--- Thread: TSR's Super Smash Bros Thread|SWITCH HYPE TRAIN NOW BOARDING (/thread-25304.html)

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - Gwen - 09-11-2014

I'm going to morph Dark Pit into Impa. I can't believe fucking Dark Pit got in before any of the ones mentioned by Iceman just above or Impaaaaaaaaaa.

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - MrYoshbert - 09-11-2014

Dammit. I reeeeeeally wanted Dixie and those Chorus Kids. Guess it's time to start wishing for DLC!

On the bright side, I've got Pac-Man, Little Mac, Duck Hunt Dawg, and Iggy Koopa to console me.

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - Gwen - 09-11-2014

Like seriously, I want to hate vomit right now about the fact that Dark Pit takes up a fucking roster space.

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - Random Talking Bush - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 02:31 PM)Gwen Wrote: Like seriously, I want to hate vomit right now about the fact that Dark Pit takes up a fucking roster space.
My brother's got a conspiracy theory that Rayman was originally intended to be a playable character, but when Ubisoft betrayed Nintendo with the "exclusivity" of Rayman Legends, they demoted him to a trophy and quick-swapped him for Dark Pit (since they didn't have to make a new model or animations, just a texture swap and some old coding). And remember -- the roster was chosen early in development, back when Rayman Legends was still Wii U only, perhaps.

I still say it's pretty unusual how Rayman is the ONLY third-party trophy in the game that's not of a playable character and has a brand new model specifically for that... But yeah, I think I have my reasons to believe him. Dark Pit laziest character.

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - Kosheh - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 08:35 AM)Gwen Wrote: Ah, well I see the reasoning behind the character, but it still doesn't sit well with me.

idk, I'm SUPER PSYCHED for Duck Hunt Dog
He's like Banjo-Kazooie...except not Banjo...or Kazooie. But he has a bird buddy and that's what counts. ):

I wish he had a taunt where he jumps up, grabs the duck and shakes it around uncontrollably in his mouth though :/

now I can't wait for Duck Hunt: Uprising to come out and Black Lab Duck Hunt Dog to be in Smash Bros 5. :0)

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - Kriven - 09-11-2014

I'm not counting any dreams dead until the Wii U version comes out. Based on Nintendo's track record with portable/home versions of games, there's a pretty good chance that people who own both will get exclusive characters and stages.

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread - StarSock64 - 09-11-2014

I sort of assume Dark Pit was just Sakurai's way of Spoiler:avoiding disappointing the fans of the way Pit played in Brawl, if that thing about him playing the same as in Brawl is true.

I remember a long time ago when Sakurai talked about how much stress it put on him to think about cutting characters and how he might be taking things away from people. I kind of assume this is why Ganondorf hasn't been changed (as far as I know?) either.

I would have thought more people would miss Lucas than Pit's old moveset but well I guess Dark Pit is more "current" and "relevant to Nintendo" or whatever

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - Kosheh - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 03:59 AM)BullockDS Wrote: Spoiler:FUCK YES DR. MARIO CONFIRMED you have no idea how happy I am

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - Mystie - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 02:31 PM)Gwen Wrote: Like seriously, I want to hate vomit right now about the fact that Dark Pit takes up a fucking roster space.

I agree. Why couldn't Dark Pit be an alt. palette/costume for Pit instead? Making Dark Pit a separate character is a waste of roster space.

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - [robo9] - 09-11-2014

So the rumor about Dark Pit having the same moves as Brawl Pit was bunk. He's pretty much Pit's own Ganondorf clone. I mean, I wouldn't have even minded if Dark Pit was the same as Brawl Pit, that would've been neat. But now, I'm disappointed

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - Helmo - 09-11-2014

(09-11-2014, 03:15 PM)Kosheh Wrote:
(09-11-2014, 08:35 AM)Gwen Wrote: Ah, well I see the reasoning behind the character, but it still doesn't sit well with me.

idk, I'm SUPER PSYCHED for Duck Hunt Dog
He's like Banjo-Kazooie...except not Banjo...or Kazooie. But he has a bird buddy and that's what counts. ):

I wish he had a taunt where he jumps up, grabs the duck and shakes it around uncontrollably in his mouth though :/

now I can't wait for Duck Hunt: Uprising to come out and Black Lab Duck Hunt Dog to be in Smash Bros 5. :0)

His move set looks kind of disappointing... I wanted semi-realistic attack dog stuff, like a police dog style take down as his grab

Also I don't like how the duck is always there, I would have preferred it flys by and he grabs it as his aerial recovery... He still looks pretty decent though.

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - Terminal Devastation - 09-11-2014

Anyways, I think I'm one of the few people that sort of lost some more hype due to people playing the game 2 days early. I was kind of looking forward to a final reveal trailer to kick things off before we knew EVERYTHING.

So my hype train sort of lost some speed.

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - Iceman404 - 09-11-2014

Mr. Peeper's final smash is still the best thing in the game though.

WATCH AS PEOPLE ASK "WHO'S MR. PEEPERS?!" and I get slammed because some people think his obscure real name is dumb and it's like calling Tails "Miles" 8^D

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - Helmo - 09-11-2014

It bugged the poopers out of me that they didn't call Red by his name in Brawl.

RE: SUPER SM4SH BROS - The Spoiler Thread (We have a better first post, neener neener) - Iceman404 - 09-11-2014

The reason that magazine confirms two shades of green for Luigi was because processing a proper Crappy Blue was just too resource intensive. They needed to go cheap.