The VG Resource
Worst Game Experience? - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Other Stuff (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-6.html)
+----- Forum: Gaming Discussion (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-18.html)
+----- Thread: Worst Game Experience? (/thread-24815.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Worst Game Experience? - Level 1 - 04-11-2014

What is the worst memory you have from any game?

I was born in Mexico, so I had little to no knowledge of how to read and speak English, so playing an English version of Hey You Pikachu was the most puzzling and annoying experience of my youth.

RE: Worst Game Experience? - FinalSmash - 04-11-2014

Making my little brother cry by winning in Madden all the time.

RE: Worst Game Experience? - Helmo - 04-11-2014

Mario Party blisters anyone?

hmmm I would have to say

battery dying before I caught a shiny

RE: Worst Game Experience? - E-Man - 04-11-2014

Well, I wouldn't say this counts as the worst gaming experience that you guys are looking for, but this happened to me many years ago when I was still living in Massachusetts.

One time in 1999, I was at this one guy's house and he had Banjo-Kazooie. I didn't knew what the game was at the time, but I enjoyed playing it because it felt just like playing Donkey Kong 64. Even though I had a blast, when I was about to leave, some quit the game and played the game over scene. I didn't see it entirely, but I did catch the part where Mumbo Jumbo was growling (or what looked like him growling to me) and then ugly Tooty coming out of the machine roaring at the screen and wanting to have a word with Banjo.

When i finally got the game myself, I avoided getting a game over and selecting the save and quit option because the game over screen traumatized me that much.

RE: Worst Game Experience? - SchAlternate - 04-11-2014

When I was very little, my older brother once pulled a prank on me and told me I could only play the games I wanted to play if I endured watching Link putting on a a transformation mask in Majora's Mask.

I didn't got to play my game and instead spent the rest of the day under my bed.

(Nowadays MM is like my favorite Zelda game, but man, that cutscene)

RE: Worst Game Experience? - E-Man - 04-11-2014

I feel for you, man. That cutscene freaks me out, too. I skip it with one of the buttons to avoid watching it when I get the chance, but if I am forced to watch it (such as when I play a new file), I dash away from the TV and not look at the screen.

I more or less do the same thing when I am about to experience the Wizpig head sequence in Diddy Kong Racing once the Boss Amulet is complete.

RE: Worst Game Experience? - CosmykTheDolfyn - 04-11-2014

I speedrun Hot Wheels Turbo Racing for the N64. A few weeks ago, I was on track to set a new personal best (possible world record) when I hit another racer, which for some odd reason sent my car straight up in the air, out of bounds and crashed the game.
Beyond angry was all I could say.

Also, a lot of the bosses in Phantasy Star VI for the Sega Genesis. If you've never played it, classic RPG. The original had no save points in dungeons at all. You could only save on the over world map. Also, many of the bosses were much more difficult to beat than the grunt enemies (standard in an RPG, true. But you could wizz through a dungeon and one shot everything at say, level 20 and then need to be level 30 to beat the dungeon boss. Insane curve unlike any other.) Also, the dungeons in game are almost all giant mazes. So, you could play for hours, feel confident, finally find the boss and get wiped out in a single round and have to start all over because there are no freaking save points anywhere. Pure rage inducing. Still had to beat it for the story, but that game was torture at times.

RE: Worst Game Experience? - senjen - 04-11-2014

Sonic and the secret rings, seriously the worst gameplay of any sonic game ever, i couldn't even get past the 2nd tutorial part, luckily the guy at EB games knew the gamplay was terrible and gave me my full $60 back.

RE: Worst Game Experience? - Gwen - 04-11-2014

(04-11-2014, 05:33 PM)SchAlternate Wrote: When I was very little, my older brother once pulled a prank on me and told me I could only play the games I wanted to play if I endured watching Link putting on a a transformation mask in Majora's Mask.

I didn't got to play my game and instead spent the rest of the day under my bed.

(Nowadays MM is like my favorite Zelda game, but man, that cutscene)

Huh, it never bothered me. My mom rented MM for me on a snow day, I played that game literally all day until bed time.

Worst gaming experience for me would have to be getting Brink, what a fucking disappointment that was. I don't pre-order games anymore, even if I know they're going to be at the very least great(Titanfall)

RE: Worst Game Experience? - puggsoy - 04-11-2014

I remember once I was playing FF Tactics Advance, and I had accidentally saved at a point that I was sure to die no matter what I did. I can't remember the circumstances exactly, but for some reason it had gotten me really, really upset, much more than it should have. I was a kid, I guess.

Also playing Tomba 2... what a disappointment.

RE: Worst Game Experience? - Level 1 - 04-11-2014

Sonic 06.
Enough said.

RE: Worst Game Experience? - Vipershark - 04-12-2014

No.

Sonic Heroes.

RE: Worst Game Experience? - Maxpphire - 04-12-2014

No.

Sonic 06

RE: Worst Game Experience? - Sevenstitch - 04-12-2014

no

any sonic past 2