The VG Resource
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread (/thread-20507.html)

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - soulcaliburfan - 04-27-2014

Guycott needs to grow skin for his.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - TomGuycott - 04-27-2014

[Image: 4hOnFly.png]

So I'm learning 2D fighter maker, even though we have a from-scratch version also coming. This one we can call the "Not-so Turbo Edition".

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - TheShyGuy - 04-27-2014

Cool, what have you done and learned so far?

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - TomGuycott - 04-27-2014

Done? I've converted Bouncy Cat, C2B and Gilbert into the engine as far as their basic graphics are concerned. Bouncy Cat is the only one with hitboxes so far, and they are incomplete as of yet.

I've learned how to make hits give effects of flying up or back to opponents, but it seems to be dependent on their hit animations rather than the hit itself, which is somewhat limiting. The engine also only seems to have wav, midi and CD as audio formats, which is fine for sounds, but disappointing for music.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Crappy Blue Luigi - 04-27-2014

i think gors would sooner die than convert his music into midis

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Sketchasaurus - 04-28-2014

I'm currently updating my sheet, am I getting the point of the close-up mugs right?
[Image: rfpvXIb.png]

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - NICKtendo DS - 04-28-2014

(04-28-2014, 01:51 AM)Sketchasaurus Wrote: I'm currently updating my sheet, am I getting the point of the close-up mugs right?
[Image: rfpvXIb.png]

I don't care whether that's JoJo enough or not, this mug stays. It's too awesome.

Added a frame to Status Ailments: X-Ray!
EDIT: Decided to alter a few frames. First up is the Jump Defend frame. Hazumi (the balloon) is replaced by a Golem from Princess Fantasy Catventure.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Chaoxys - 04-28-2014

Finishing some updates on my sheet, currently working on one of my specials that I call "Clawbering Time". Basically, it causes a stampede of Clawbers (little crab like creatures that I made for my roommate's RPG) to stampede by with me riding on one of them (because why not).

[Image: 10ndldu.jpg]

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - TomGuycott - 04-28-2014

One thing I'm not completely clear on are the special moves, because we've got specials like Gilbert's where he fires a bullet, and we've got screen encompassing ones like the Ocksford statue. Are the specials supposed to be super moves that consume some sort of energy, or are they simply special moves like a Hadoken?

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Iocus - 04-28-2014

I think this thing I said a few pages back is relevant...
(03-31-2014, 09:33 PM)Iocus Wrote:
(03-31-2014, 09:18 PM)Baegal Wrote: Also, if Robo or Gors can explain, I never understood what the "GOGNIO" Part was for.

Well, it's not my place to say, but what I can tell from the description in topic's first post, it's like most fighters' special bar, where it fills through several levels (1,2,..5),
And the player can perform strong, flashy moves (commonly known as supers). e.g.
http://youtu.be/oWz36CfCAv4?t=14s (Notice the special bar's level lowering before after using a super)
Here, the levels replenish automatically since it's in practice mode, but generally it goes up by landing or blocking blows.

In fighting games, it's common for there to be special attacks, which are projectiles, rush moves, grabs, or any other moves with special properties, as well as super specials, which I guess I already described.

Anyway, from the first post:
Quote:Specials can be performed by inputting a button sequence (for example, quarter-circle+P). They're exclusive per character and some of them can be performed in mid-air. In order to balance things out, each character can have a maximum of 4 special moves.
Quote:Attacking or being attacked fills up your 'GOGNIO' bar. When full, you can perform a 'GOGNIO Special move'. They're exclusive per character and can have different effects.
There seems to be a distinction between a 'special move' and a "GOGNIO special move', where the former refers to specials and the latter refers to supers. The catch is that the "GOGNIO special moves" are not part of the BASIC move list provided in the first post, which I presume is the reason for the confusion.

There's also
Quote:Spritality is an event that is triggered when you win the second round and has a full 'GOGNIO bar'. Inputting a certain button sequence will deal the unconscious opponent a final blow. Think Mortal Kombat's Fatality, but with less gore.
the spritality, which is a standalone special altogether, and something not everyone seems to have, either.

(04-27-2014, 09:05 PM)recme Wrote:
(04-27-2014, 06:07 PM)Lexou Duck Wrote: so if i can ask everyone to make a skeleton hit frame that'd be great

its your attack, it wouldnt be so hard to make the skeleton hit frames yourself. most people finished their sheets and really wouldnt want to go back for 1 frame. some peeps dont even go on tsr anymore, (like chaoxys and meta) so contacting them for such things wouldnt be the best solution
I guess it's not possible for some people to do their own, but it's not unreasonable to ask this of those who are willing. After all, besides Lexou there's also characters like Zadaben and my own assist who also use electrical attacks. It actually surprises me this frame wasn't one of the hurt frames established at the beginning since there's a burnt and a frozen one, but it's not extremely necessary, anyway.

edit:
btw,
(04-27-2014, 09:05 PM)recme Wrote: some peeps dont even go on tsr anymore, (like chaoxys and meta)
(04-27-2014, 09:05 PM)recme Wrote: like chaoxys

(04-28-2014, 02:23 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: Finishing some updates on my sheet, currently working on one of my specials that I call "Clawbering Time".

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Zadaben - 04-28-2014

Yeah regarding electrified sprites Gors and I talked about that ages ago
I DO remember that he said it's not a priority and currently shouldnt be added to the required list of sprites
also everyone should have one or no one should have one, it doesnt make sense for only some to have it, what would the other sprites do?
I THINK I remember that he said we might add it once the project has a more solid footing.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - NICKtendo DS - 04-28-2014

Update:
Neko now uses a coin as a shield while ducking. Also added another palette.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - recme - 04-28-2014

(04-28-2014, 03:08 PM)Iocus Wrote: btw,
(04-27-2014, 09:05 PM)recme Wrote: like chaoxys

(04-28-2014, 02:23 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: Finishing some updates on my sheet, currently working on one of my specials that I call "Clawbering Time".

WELP

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Chaoxys - 04-28-2014

I'm here all the time, I just don't have anything of interest to say.

EDIT- A lot of people are thankful for my lack of interesting things to say it seems.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - NICKtendo DS - 04-29-2014

I know you'll always be present in our hearts, Chaoxys.

EDIT:
Created Neko's Gognio Special: Moon Bomb
This is a reference to the second boss in Bouncy Cat, which in turn is a reference to the cancelled Destroy the Universe game. Neko had to defeat an inflatable Earth Ball with an inflatable Moon ball. The moon was way smaller in Bouncy Cat though. The Gif should explain how it works.
[Image: qVNQofh.gif]