The VG Resource
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread (/thread-20507.html)

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - [robo9] - 03-29-2014

Talked to Metaru, he's okay with it and gave permission

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Iceman404 - 03-29-2014

(03-29-2014, 08:06 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: [Image: RJMFxkm.png]
there we go!! sheesh that took a while
EDIT: sengirbug courtesy of The Sengir himself
[Image: UTzyFqL.png]
Jesus Christ, I forgot the huge hype and scale behind this project from before.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Crappy Blue Luigi - 03-29-2014

(03-29-2014, 09:35 PM)E-Man Wrote: Anyway, considering that nine characters (ten if you count Metaru) and seven characters that are currently being worked on (including Mario360's), maybe we could look at the remaining roster CBL complied just a few posts ago and see which ones we could also work on?

unless someone decides they're cool with handing their character over to someone else to work on, i assume characters are expected to be done by the user they represent, as things have been.

that being said, in terms of notable TVGR peeps getting finished and included, i'd love to see star, ridge, ninspriterx, tellis, devicho, pk, tom guycott, sketchasaurus, rosencrantz, and virtuaboy's characters finished--just to name a few. Tongue

i think they all have been important members of the community in different ways and are worthy of playable representation.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - [robo9] - 03-29-2014

Just a note here, Metaru said he'll wind up finishing his character, and that he sends his regards and that there's no hard feelings

(I know this is breaking the whole no speaking for banned people rule, but I thought I'd say it)

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - E-Man - 03-29-2014

(03-29-2014, 09:57 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: unless someone decides they're cool with handing their character over to someone else to work on, i assume characters are expected to be done by the user they represent, as things have been.

that being said, in terms of notable TVGR peeps getting finished and included, i'd love to see star, ridge, ninspriterx, tellis, devicho, pk, tom guycott, sketchasaurus, rosencrantz, and virtuaboy's characters finished--just to name a few. Tongue

Well, considering that most of those users you just listed are still pretty active on this web site, it wouldn't hurt to ask them to see if they still want to be in the project (even if it means having other spriters work on their characters). While that last bit I suggested is not exactly the best idea, it's the only thing I could think of to keep those characters in the game and give the users still actively following this topic something to do to hasten the production on this game.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - TheMario360 - 03-29-2014

I have a feeling that I won't get a PM back from Previous any time soon. On his away info, it says he doesn't know when he'll be back. I guess I'll just forget the gifs for now. Blank

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Iceman404 - 03-29-2014

I know we're not allowed to talk about banned members, but this just makes me miss Metaru's posts very much. :{
Without his criticism in my first topics of this site, I probably wouldn't have even continued spriting entirely.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - E-Man - 03-29-2014

Well, I might be no mod, but judging by how Gors was relatively positive about us mentioning Metaru, I think it's alright to bend the rules like this.

That being said, though, it would be great if he were to return to this site all together. Now, I don't know the circumstances that got him banned in the first place, but considering that well can all agree that he was a cool member that everyone loved, would it be the worst thing possible to lift his ban and invite him to return?

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Garamonde - 03-29-2014

Try uploading your .GIF to Imgur: http://imgur.com/

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Kami - 03-29-2014

(03-29-2014, 08:06 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote: [Image: RJMFxkm.png]
ouch seeing my pixelart from before hurts, looks like I'm going to be redoing mine just for the sake of doing it.(Refering to my char obviously)

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - TheMario360 - 03-29-2014

[Image: ZihThLP.gif]

Success!!

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Crappy Blue Luigi - 03-29-2014

alright! now that that's taken care of, let me toss you come crits.

[Image: 7I3dPpf.png]

i made some pretty big edits to your sprite. the big issue with it as-was was the shading. the style set up for the fighters resource is very simple in terms of shading and detail; the focus is on shape, using shading to bring less attention to illustrate what sticks out and what doesn't. this is usually done with just two tones for easy contrast.

beyond that, you used a lot of unnecessary antialiasing. the sprites for this game do make use of antialiasing, but it's pretty sparing and is only meant to make lines smoother when they can't be smooth without it. you also had some colored outlining going on, whereas the sprites are supposed to have full near-black outlines around their entirety.

i didn't mess much with the actual shapes and lines of your sprite except for your hands and cape straps. it's cool to have massive hands, but they didn't look properly connected to the arms, and making them smaller helps make them look less like they're someone else's hands stuck on haphazardly. the straps i made stand out more for readability's sake.

you don't have to use this edit directly, but take some ideas from it. tweak your sprite how you see fit, but make sure to stay within the lines of the style; large details, maximum readability. i hope this helps!

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Baegal - 03-29-2014

(03-29-2014, 08:06 PM)Crappy Blue Luigi Wrote:
(03-29-2014, 06:30 PM)Baegal Wrote: Just popping in to say I'll most likely be an assist more than anything (If I even finish that), I can't really dedicate to a full sheet.
Everything else so far is looking really good! I love your victory poses C2B!

thought this post was funny in retrospect
That's why I'm all the more proud I actually managed this Genki ^_^

It's actually my first and only finished sprite sheet to this day, iirc

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - psychospacecow - 03-29-2014

I probably won't get involved but I'm curious. If I made something, would all be cool with that? I'm asking because this has my curiosity but I don't think I would be able to get involved atm.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Baegal - 03-29-2014

Well, when this was first in the makings there was mention of "assist" characters.
Honestly I think we could either turn the unfinished characters or inspire users to make a simple attack combo instead of a whole sheet.

Is that still going to be a thing? I know Nick and Gors made a few.