The VG Resource
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread (/thread-20507.html)

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Rosencrantz - 02-06-2013

I see that list and I kind of feel bad since I have made a grand total of three sprites for my character and I haven't touched it since.

I'm just way too busy with too many other things Sad

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Star - 02-06-2013

I need to actually work on my character <__>
I'm still sketching out his movesets and what not.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Ridge Troopa - 02-06-2013

(02-06-2013, 12:14 PM)Star Wrote: I need to actually work on my character <__>
I'm still sketching out his movesets and what not.

Makes two of us.
At this point I'm thinking I'd better shoot for an assist and go from there if time allows. I kinda forgot about this project.

On the other hand... STAR. You an I always seem to motivate one another. LET'S DO THIS.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Star - 02-06-2013

[Image: 34d.gif]

Let's do this, my brother

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Baegal - 02-06-2013

If it helps, these animation are probably going to go a lot faster than MLRPG3 sprites.

Bigger, simpler, and the animations are really Start>Motion Blur>Finish>Recoil back to idle.
That's really how I got so much done. (I still need to finish but I'm like 90% okay!)

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - recme - 02-06-2013

I guess I shall give a shot at coming back.

EDIT: Should I start anew on the sprites?

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Baegal - 05-24-2013

HEY

IT LOOKS LIKE THIS THREAD
NEEDS SOME MANLY MACHO DETECTIVE OCTOPUS THING
[Image: rL0FbXI.png] "G-GUH"

Now that school's out, I'm back with my remaining animations FINISHED!!
Forward Kick: [Image: 0aqv3Br.gif]
Tuba! I'm not sure what I should do for the "hit" part. Just hit effects (whenever we get some) or something more? I tried music notes but it looked too messy.
Back Kick: [Image: xCEAVVp.gif] [Image: fHjd9cy.gif]
Ocks (official name as of now; short for Ocksford (which I think Sengir made up a long time ago?)) traps the opponent in a bubble for 1 or 2 seconds!

Duck Kick: [Image: BHjFrgb.gif]
YOUTH ROLL
(The words should be unmirrored when flipped because I have it as a separate image in the sheet)
All of the animations are complete, but there are still some things I need to tidy up. I have some questions:
-For the back jump (gets picked up by a balloon), when landing, should the balloon disappear, float offscreen, or pop?
-What should come out of the tuba when hitting? For my forward kick, I have him blow in to a tuba. Should I have air, music notes, nothing, or something else?
-Do I need to make the bubble (back kick) bigger, or is the size okay? it fits in a 64x64 box, and is meant to hold a character's hurt sprite temporarily.
-For the third special (giant statue), should I make some sort of smoke or rocks from the ground to pop out of? I only thought against it because every stage would have a different terrain, but something seems missing.
-Is there a lose animation, or does the character just stay knocked out?
-Is there a warm up animation? (like during the countdown before the match starts)

Aside from those things, I'm pretty much finished. To make it official I plan to make a big post showing each move as a gif with a description etc etc

EDIT: fixed the mugshot
[Image: bgGdOan.png]

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Baegal - 05-25-2013

Made a new run because the other one bothered me a lot.
[Image: kGAs1A5.gif]

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Garamonde - 05-25-2013

oh, I actually loved the previous one, it showed more of your character's goofy side. Shy

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Baegal - 05-25-2013

I liked the idea, but compared to the other animations it looked out of place. I'm hoping the goofiness can still survive in the moveset ^^

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - SchAlternate - 05-25-2013

I got bored, and I don't know if this helps the project in the slightest, but here:

[Image: Atreyu%20the%20Fighter.bmp]

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Sengir - 05-25-2013

(05-24-2013, 04:01 PM)Baegal Wrote: Ocks (official name as of now; short for Ocksford (which I think Sengir made up a long time ago?))

Woah, that was an eternity ago! Now I'm feeling Internet nostalgia...

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - DragonDePlatino - 05-29-2013

Wow, just looking through here and some people here have some simple but amaaaaazing sprites! I really, really would like to participate, but looking at Mr. Bub's turnout, it really seems that I wouldn't be getting into this game anytime soon. XD I dunno...I guess it's just my short attention span that keeps me from really ever being that well known of a guy on any forums. On the other hand, I really wouldn't mind not being in the game as I really just wanna make some sprites for fun, and as a chance to make an actually semidecent persona. And about that, I really find it funny how you guys call them "Personal Characters" instead of just plain ol' personas.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Helmo - 05-29-2013

[Image: bgGdOan.png]

[Image: hatt.jpg?w=500]

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - DragonDePlatino - 05-29-2013

Went ahead and tried to design a persona of some sort to represent myself, but epically failed and ending up making a unique character...AGAIN.
[Image: ____by_dragondeplatino-d672yo5.gif]
Don't know what to call it, and I'm not really happy with the design at all...prolly gonna chunk this design and start with something fresh. Gonna keep the SNES cartridge-head motif, though.