The VG Resource
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread (/thread-20507.html)

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Cobalt Blue - 09-06-2012

(09-06-2012, 10:19 PM)mutantyoshi Wrote: I couldn't think of any exciting characters (well to a degree), so I decided to use myself as a playable character (if that is ok) All I have right now is the main idle pose:

[Image: SpriteSheet.png]
overdetailed. the pose makes no sense -specifically, the arms-. the head is huge compared to the rest of the body, the legs's shading doesnt work, wich makes it look as if it didn't had any knees at all.
(09-06-2012, 10:19 PM)mutantyoshi Wrote: I do wanna make a Werecroc attack (me transform to and from my self), but I cannot seem to be able to fit it into the size requirement box for playable characters. any ideas?
scale yourself, or well, increase the sprite box size. the first one would keep you in scale with most of what has been done in terms of characters so far, but no one says you cant be a juggernaut-type character.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Vipershark - 09-06-2012

becky, can you send spamhaul.mp3, please

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - [robo9] - 09-07-2012

Well I guess that's one way on how not to add music

Edited the link in the previous post, you'll have to redownload it

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Vipershark - 09-07-2012

now you removed the music altogether lol

if you send the mp3 i can add it manually

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Previous - 09-07-2012

(09-06-2012, 05:48 PM)Angel Plague Wrote: Edit: Fuck, fluffy tails are annoying to animate.
Maybe you could reference Tails for some tails animations, heh

You could also show your progress and maybe someone would be able to help, dunno

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Ekoi - 09-07-2012

I tried to play with the last two posted.

Do mind that without a proper reference I can only do so much justice.

[Image: aG9kn.png]

For Clint, I tried to better define his jacket, which from what I could tell from the avatar is a windbreaker with a hood? Also took away some slack on the jeans 'cause mountain-men aren't hippies.

Jack Black was way too detailed and over-shaded so I tried my best to tone it down. Also tried to better refine some shapes, as some were rather wonky. If that was a design on the shirt then I'd need a proper reference before trying to reapply it. This style is about simplicity and does not offer much room for intricate designs.

Hope it helps.

(Also if I could get some feedback on my dumb elf's eyes, that'd be swell.)

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Cobalt Blue - 09-07-2012

exactly what you did to the two sprites you edited: simplify them.

i believe we told you the exact same thing the last time you asked. it doesnt matter if your character has yellow eyes. learn to portrait your character's most important features over stupid little details when spriting at this size.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Garamonde - 09-07-2012

Since you don't want him to have black pupils like the others, I'd say just remove the lighter shade of yellow and make them pure dark yellow, and you'll likely have fixed the over-detailed issue.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - mutantyoshi - 09-07-2012

so how is this then?

[Image: SpriteSheet-1.png]

first: original
second: Ekoi's edit
third: combined with better posture.

The shirt design was supposed to be the black album's (Metallica) design. but I decided to take out the coiled snake (sprites bottom right of shirt, our left) and tried to make the Metallica font just across the shirt.

also, my fighter's name is Jersey, since that is my nickname given by my friends.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Garamonde - 09-07-2012

mutantyoshi: The one on the right definitely. I feel like there is still a bit too much shading for the style though.
I would try getting rid of the shading on his right (our left) leg, the back of the shirt, the darkest shade on the back of his hair, and on his right (our left) shoe.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Baegal - 09-07-2012

toyed around with your character's proportions a bit (mainly the face), and tried the eyes.
Changes:
-made the face look more similar to Sol's
-got rid of unnecessary selout
-simplified clothes
-tweaked the arms slightly
-got rid of some AA
-reworked the hair
-got rid of a gray, blue, and brown.
[Image: iQZQt.png]

EDIT: now that I look at it, actually, I liked your character's pose like this more:
[Image: x3ciq.png]
If you tweaked the face to make the proportions more like Sol's, I think this pose would work much better.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - JuninFC - 09-08-2012

sorry for the long time without post anything. I was very busy these last days, so didn't do anything for my sprite . But I intend to go back with him now Smile

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Garamonde - 09-08-2012

Good to know, but it would've been even better if you had waited to post until you had an update.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Cobalt Blue - 09-08-2012

sorry to always bringing the issue robo, but can we like get an update on the engine? i saw you're planning to relase a small demo, but im fairly sure we could actually get some info towards the mechanics you're planning to implement, so we can either add/remove them from the more completed sheets.

its basically the only reason why i havent made any progress on mine.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - JuninFC - 09-09-2012

well , so I made a sketch for my walk animation .

[Image: 1iIvt.gif]

Is it good to continue ?