The VG Resource
THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Games Development (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-22.html)
+----- Thread: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread (/thread-20507.html)

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Cobalt Blue - 06-25-2012

your whole sprite is really bad and ackward at this moment.

not to mention it really shows you're trying to avoid having to sprite stuff for whatever cheap reasons you might have.

it just doesnt work that way, and you should not expect to get any good results if you continue to work that way.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - StarSock64 - 06-25-2012

(06-25-2012, 04:24 PM)JuninFC Wrote: DUCK
[Image: scaled.php?server=12&filename=gif4jc.gif&res=landing]

good ?

The head looks too far over to the left and the arms look kind of blobby and shapeless. Have you tried flipping the image?

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Shiraku - 06-25-2012

[Image: SEaEb.png]
hello i made this sloppy thing just now and it needs alot of help.

not sure if i'm really relevant enough in the tsr community to be a playable character though

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Baegal - 06-25-2012

Hey, you could always be an assist :]
Actually, it looks pretty good! The lines are very smooth, but I have trouble reading the face. I would say simplify the hair slightly and try to move the piece in front of the face out of the way. Either that, or make it smaller, because I have trouble reading the eyes.

JUMP PUNCH
[Image: sGFoH.gif]
It's a bowling ball! No, a beach ball? Huh? A watermelon? No, it's all three!
I couldn't decide, so I made all three objects. It works like the back jump's balloons; which one will be thrown is decided randomly. They all fit in 24x24 boxes.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Virt - 06-25-2012

(06-25-2012, 02:25 PM)Gors Wrote: Your head in the frozen sprite is much smaller than the actual idle. Either shrink his head on the idle, or make his head bigger on the frozen sprite.
Yeah, I realized the anatomy problems halfway through making the sprite. I might just redo the idle stance (as I've done twice so far) seeing as how there are so many problems with it. Also, yes, I have been kinda lazy with animations. I promise I'll (try to) be less lazy in the future.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Baegal - 06-25-2012

[Image: zoD2T.gif]
Back Punch Beta (I'm not sure I'm satisfied enough for it to be the final product)

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Garamonde - 06-25-2012

I dunno, it looks pretty awesome to me.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Sevenstitch - 06-26-2012

I really like that idea Baegal! You have got to have one of the most interesting movesets so far, I think.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Baegal - 06-26-2012

[Image: HuEWg.gif]
I think I like this version better. Changed the transition back into idle so it flows better.
EDIT: Now I'm not sure. Would it be better for him to do a full turn like this one, or turn back the other way like in the previous? All of my punches' charges turn to his right (our left), so should this transition flow into those because it starts the combo?

I think its fine either way really, you end up in the same position in both versions.
The second one flows a little smoother though, being that he is making a full rotation.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Virt - 06-26-2012

...OH. MY FREAKIN' GOSH. I had that exact same idea for an attack last night Cry

Are you a freakin' psychic or something

Signs point to yes; this isn't the first time Baegal's moveset has beat someone elses to the punch.

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - Garamonde - 06-26-2012

I prefer the 360 turn too. Big Grin

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - triptych - 06-26-2012

(06-24-2012, 04:16 PM)Trollerskates Wrote: [Image: 9XflO.gif]

New idle animation, using my new ref. I'm thinking it's a bit stiff. Tried arm movement, didn't turn out so well.
there's so much wasted potential in this sprite that i might actually cry

[Image: U9SkL.gif]
this looks like a cartoony, exaggerated style
make your sprite cartoony and exaggerated to match, don't go with a stiff, boring pose!

RE: THE FIGHTERS RESOURCE - Official Thread - JuninFC - 06-26-2012

thank you guys! I'll edit the sprites according to what you have told and try to improve them. I'll put more frames on them to see if they get better. And Torch , why not appear that he is going down?

And Meta, I'm trying to arrange this