The VG Resource
The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project (Now at Phase 2!) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-50.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-53.html)
+------ Thread: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project (Now at Phase 2!) (/thread-19681.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Garamonde - 06-25-2012

@josh:

(06-16-2012, 03:29 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: He kind of has a very busy life and has lots of other things to work on so we have to remember that.

(06-16-2012, 04:28 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I just think he has enough to worry about at the moment so he probably doesn't need us pressuring him. Don't worry, he'll get to it.
Also, it takes more time to write a tutorial about models than it does to check TSR and thank a post as I'm sure you know. Tongue
Just have have faith in him. He is RTB after all, so he won't let us down. Wink

@Snivy101: I will post Charizard once I learn how to fix it. It's one of the characters with UV issues.

I know you guys are all very anxious and it's hard to understand, but RTB can't keep up with everything, he's barely even online these days. I wish there was someone else who could help us...

EDIT: Hold on guys, I know one person I can ask about this.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Ton - 06-25-2012

Batman?

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Garamonde - 06-25-2012

(06-25-2012, 07:30 PM)Tonberry2k Wrote: Batman?

Tongue

Nope, my cousin uses 3DS Max and has worked with models with UV mapping issues before so he seems to understand it. I'll have him help me with the parts of the guide that I don't understand, and hopefully I'll finally have something up pretty soon! Big Grin

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Peardian - 06-25-2012

I'm expecting us to have a breakthrough in the tutorial soon. If it turns out not to happen, we may as well move on to the next phase to keep things moving. But until then, we're focusing on the Fighters.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Garamonde - 06-29-2012

Look who forgot to fix their bugged effects from last month?

Kirby Effects
Lucario Effects
Ness Effects

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Tiberious - 06-29-2012

Oh! If you guys are serious about making sure everything's to scale, you may want to use BrawlBox to view the Attributes for each character (located in Fit<char>.pac, where the hitbox data is). If you scroll down to 'Unk27' (just under Weight), this shows the scale of the character when actually in the game.

It also shows why if you just import, for example, Mario and Yellow Alloy, they'll be the same size when that's clearly not the case on-screen.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Link101 - 07-02-2012

It's time I start contributing to this thread again, seeing how inactive I've been. I'll claim

Squirtle's Effects
Ivysaur's Effects
Charizard's Effects

Scratch that. I don't even know how to open the .pac files in a program that makes it make sense. When I open it in notepad, I just get the name at the top and a lot of spam below. Is there a tutorial for the effects?

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Garamonde - 07-05-2012

AHAHA WELP PROBLEM TIME!
So I export Charizard from BrawlBox as a .DAE, with weighted normals, and when I import it into 3DS Max, the model is extremely squished and textureless (I fixed the .DAE paths so what's up with that?). Then I export it again without the weighted normals and then 3DS Max suddenly decides it won't even import it. It's giving me errors about not finding texture files or whatnot even though I fixed the paths, and when I click OK nothing appeared, no model no nothing. Further proof that nothing was there is that when I click Reset it doesn't ask me to save.
My cousin doesn't know what to do and can't help me if I can't even get past the importing stage.
RTB please help me. Sad

@Link101: You don't open the .PACs in Notepad, you open them in BRRES Viewer. Tongue

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Ton - 07-05-2012

CONGRATULATIONS! YOUR CHARIZARD EVOLVED INTO TOGEKISS!

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - TGE - 07-05-2012

"with weighted normals"
Dafuq? That seems like a mash of different terms. lol.
Are you using the default DAE plugin? Because that baby is fcking broken in 2009.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Garamonde - 07-05-2012

@Ton: Oh my gosh you're right. XD
@TGE: I should've provided an image... When you export a .DAE from BrawlBox, this appears.
Also crap I forgot about the plugin! I don't remember installing any when I got 2009 so which one should I get?

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Random Talking Bush - 07-05-2012

After the 7th, I guess I'll start uploading pre-texture-fixed MAX (2009+) files of the characters for others to work on, since I don't know when I'll get around to rewriting the tutorial to be newbie-friendly. (I know basically everything about 3DS Max only because I've been using it since 2006, so I kinda assumed everyone else did, too... Sorry 'bout that.)

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - TGE - 07-06-2012

(07-05-2012, 08:02 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: @Ton: Oh my gosh you're right. XD
@TGE: I should've provided an image... When you export a .DAE from BrawlBox, this appears.
Also crap I forgot about the plugin! I don't remember installing any when I got 2009 so which one should I get?

ColladaMax, it's on SourceForge.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Garamonde - 07-07-2012

The plugin was just what I needed, and it works now.
So RTB, if you would, I would like if you didn't fix Charizard as I'm going to attempt to fix it myself.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Peardian - 07-15-2012

After an all-too-lengthy delay, I've uploaded Mighty's effect rips.

Also, as a note, I'm adding Kirby's Stone Transformations as a separate submission entry in the Fighter Effects list.