The VG Resource
The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project (Now at Phase 2!) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-50.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-53.html)
+------ Thread: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project (Now at Phase 2!) (/thread-19681.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - valforwing - 06-09-2012

great to know. Big Grin can't wait for some stages....at least I don't have to rig them.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - JorisCeoen - 06-13-2012

(06-09-2012, 10:16 AM)valforwing Wrote: nah the thread is'nt officially dead until litterally every single 3-Dimensional item has been extracted.
i'm hopeing for some stages, cuz I really want to be able to use the Shadow Moses Stage in MMD.

I'm dying for stages. I've been able to extract many models and animations, but BRESSVIEWER crashes whenever I load about any file from the stage folders.

I defenitly need Duon, and I know which stage number it is in the adventure folder inside the stages folder. However BRESSVIEWER can't open it, and brawlbox exports the models and animations as either .mdl0 or .dae

.mdl0 is supported by literally 0 programs nowadays and .DAE exports completely incorrect. I thought brawlbox was good but it isn't and it's improperly programmed.

The animations are even far worse as they export as .chr0
As I expected, who has ever heard of .chr0? No one, and no programs can open it either, or did I really miss some plugins?

So that's really a letdown atm

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - TGE - 06-13-2012

(06-13-2012, 09:31 AM)JorisCeoen Wrote:
(06-09-2012, 10:16 AM)valforwing Wrote: nah the thread is'nt officially dead until litterally every single 3-Dimensional item has been extracted.
i'm hopeing for some stages, cuz I really want to be able to use the Shadow Moses Stage in MMD.

I'm dying for stages. I've been able to extract many models and animations, but BRESSVIEWER crashes whenever I load about any file from the stage folders.

I defenitly need Duon, and I know which stage number it is in the adventure folder inside the stages folder. However BRESSVIEWER can't open it, and brawlbox exports the models and animations as either .mdl0 or .dae

.mdl0 is supported by literally 0 programs nowadays and .DAE exports completely incorrect. I thought brawlbox was good but it isn't and it's improperly programmed.

The animations are even far worse as they export as .chr0
As I expected, who has ever heard of .chr0? No one, and no programs can open it either, or did I really miss some plugins?

So that's really a letdown atm

BRRESViewer exports animations to .psa format. It can be imported using ActorX plugins.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - josh98 - 06-13-2012

Hey, guys, I re-claim Mario Big Grin I finally got my 3DS MAX 2009 Registered, and I have also got more experience on it.

So when RTB updates his tutorial, I will be doing Mario! Smile

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - BlitzPlum - 06-13-2012

I ripped these a while back and thought I may as well put them here, and claim them, I guess.
Link:
Donkey Kong:
DK's fur looks stupid because I'm using fragMOTION, and it sucks and messes up the alpha Tongue

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Garamonde - 06-13-2012

@BlitzPlum: You cannot post submissions without claiming them first... just be sure to remember that next time. They look good regardless. Did you export them as .MD5?
@Joris: We aren't doing stages, enemies or bosses yet. When we do, me and Peardian are going to fix up all the files so that people can use them normally, so don't worry about BRRESViewer and BrawlBox not working with them.
@RTB: Maybe after you post your next batch of models here, you can start on your tutorial update? Tongue
Not trying to push you, 'cause I know you have 5 million things to do, it's just we can't move on in the project without it. Only a reminder!

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - BlitzPlum - 06-13-2012

Oops, sorry. Well, can I claim them?
I exported them from brres viewer as MD5, then used Noesis to convert to SMD, then put it into fragMOTION.
Any extra bits on the model (like Link's shield and sword on his back), I put them into Max and got rid of the bits I didn't want.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Garamonde - 06-13-2012

Well, it's too late now that you've posted them, I just meant to keep it in mind for next time so that people will know you're doing it.
But yeah, all that sounds good to me. I'm not sure what you mean by "got rid of the bits you didn't want" though. I don't know the process of fixing up the fighter models yet, but they should be left as they are as much as possible, with no deleting of parts unless it's part of the fixing process. If that's the case, my bad. Just asking questions. Smile

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - valforwing - 06-14-2012

the good news is we might not have stages from this brawl game but you guys did manage to find quite a bit for the original N64 game.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - BlitzPlum - 06-14-2012

(06-13-2012, 06:38 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by "got rid of the bits you didn't want" though.

It's just like Link, for example, had a sword in his hand and a sword on his back, and the same with his shield. So I just deleted the ones on his back so he only had the ones in his hand.

Similarly, King Dedede has a separate mesh for when he inflates, so I deleted that Tongue
His eyes don't work properly, though...

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - valforwing - 06-15-2012

er......you should have kept the back sword on there.
and the inflaty dedede you should have just kept him separate rather then delete.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - TGE - 06-15-2012

Model rippers don't delete things, because they always try to have the best rip as possible with the most content possible at the best quality possible.
What you do with it is your preference, but what will be submitted here will be as stated above, in perfect state.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Ton - 06-16-2012

Yeah, you don't want to edit the models and then present them as the definitive ones from the game.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Garamonde - 06-16-2012

You should wait for RTB's tutorial anyway so that we'll know how to fix the fighter models (as the first post explains, they have problems).

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - josh98 - 06-16-2012

I can't fix Mario until he fixes his tutorial.... Sad

It has been a month or so. Maybe 2. Tell him to hurry up!