The VG Resource
The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project (Now at Phase 2!) - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: The Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-85.html)
+----- Forum: The Models Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-50.html)
+------ Forum: Submissions (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-53.html)
+------ Thread: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project (Now at Phase 2!) (/thread-19681.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Perseus - 03-11-2012

These ones look like they have multiple UV maps, but according to RTB's post they don't

I guess I'll do what everyone else is doing and not claim any more until they get uploaded Tongue

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Random Talking Bush - 03-11-2012

Nope. Snake's eyeball is just one texture (eye white and pupil on the same texture), Toon Link and Wario have multiple eye layers, but the UV mapping is the exact same for each layer.

Likewise, in contrast to Bowser, Giga Bowser's eye texture layers also use the same UV mapping, so there's no problem there, either.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Peardian - 03-11-2012

@thegameexplorer: I didn't notice there was a problem until I saw your Trophy Stand rip. That's when I realized I should be checking the textures, too, because I had just assumed people were getting all of the textures. Until then, I was mainly concerned with model issues. And yes, you have to redo all of them. You might not have rushed, but you certainly didn't wait.

@Perseus: Nice!

@Link101: Hooray! The model is perfectly fine. However, you may want to double-check to make sure you have all of the textures for each file. Remember, you want all of the texture files that come with the trophy, even the weird ones you don't recognize. For instance, Bombed here is missing the texture for his fuse.

@Mighty Jetters: That's better, thanks. And you know, you really should have tested the DAE on your own before posting it. If you had opened it, you would have seen something was wrong. Tongue

@Perseus's Fighters: Nicely done! We definitely need more fighters!

@josh98's Ganondorf: That's better. Hooray, Ganondorf. Tongue

@Perseus's Trophies: Nah, previews aren't necessary. Also, I didn't upload Tabuu because I couldn't find the download link for the fixed model. Mind posting it again?

@Random Talking Bush: Yikes... that is a lot. What do we do about them? Make duplicate meshes of the eyes, one for each UV map? Does that mean you'll have to take care of them yourself?

@Mighty Jetters's Dedede Effects: Nice! And yeah, sorry, it will take me a bit to get to the effects. Thumbnails and such. Tongue

@josh98: Yeah, that's a problem... I'll do something about that.

@Perseus's Fighters 2: Nice!

It'll be a bit before I can actually check these models, but I should be able to look at them by tomorrow for sure. Also, to make things fair for everyone, I am revoking thegameexplorer's claims on all of the trophies past the batch that I uploaded earlier. He still cannot claim anymore models until his first batch are all cleared and uploaded. After all, it wouldn't be fair for 100+ of the trophies to be blocked off by one person.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - josh98 - 03-11-2012

What's a Problem, Exactly? and yeah, ganondorf had a Prob. See, I was replaceing TGA with PNG like I always do, BUt here's what happened. in Ganaondorf's File names, it say's Fitganon. so it came in as fiTGAnon. so there was a TGA in the file name X) So I fixed them all by hand . It was hard-ish X)

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Random Talking Bush - 03-11-2012

(03-11-2012, 05:43 PM)Peardian Wrote: @Random Talking Bush: Yikes... that is a lot. What do we do about them? Make duplicate meshes of the eyes, one for each UV map? Does that mean you'll have to take care of them yourself?
Quite possibly, since it is a bit tricky to do so. Either way, I'll see what I can do after getting my queue done, first.

(03-11-2012, 05:54 PM)josh98 Wrote: What's a Problem, Exactly? and yeah, ganondorf had a Prob. See, I was replaceing TGA with PNG like I always do, BUt here's what happened. in Ganaondorf's File names, it say's Fitganon. so it came in as fiTGAnon. so there was a TGA in the file name X) So I fixed them all by hand . It was hard-ish X)
In that case, instead of replacing all instances of "TGA" with "PNG", make it replace ".TGA" with ".PNG", or else things like that will happen again. Or at least replace with the case-sensitive names. :V

@josh98: The problem being that there wasn't much to claim. Tongue

@RTB: Ah, I see. Also, which character use the mesh groups like Pit? It would be handy to have a list of those, too, so I can mark them on the list.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Perseus - 03-11-2012

(03-11-2012, 05:43 PM)Peardian Wrote: It'll be a bit before I can actually check these models, but I should be able to look at them by tomorrow for sure. Also, to make things fair for everyone, I am revoking thegameexplorer's claims on all of the trophies past the batch that I uploaded earlier. He still cannot claim anymore models until his first batch are all cleared and uploaded. After all, it wouldn't be fair for 100+ of the trophies to be blocked off by one person.

So does that mean I can claim the Ike and Great Aether trophies? I know I said I wasn't going to claim anything just yet but Ike's my favourite character Tongue

Yep, they're open!

(03-11-2012, 06:23 PM)Peardian Wrote: @RTB: Ah, I see. Also, which character use the mesh groups like Pit? It would be handy to have a list of those, too, so I can mark them on the list.
Mesh groups? Those would be the following:

- Bowser (Body normal/Whirling Fortress)
- Captain Falcon (Teeth closed/open)
- Diddy Kong (Jetpack off/on)
- Falco (Blaster holstered/unholstered)
- Fox (Face normal/half blink/full blink/hurt, blaster holstered/unholstered)
- Ganondorf (Teeth closed/open)
- Giga Bowser (Body normal/Whirling Fortress)
- Ike (Face normal/half blink/full blink/talk/hurt, teeth closed/open)
- Ivysaur (Vines off/on)
- King Dedede (Body normal/inflated)
- Kirby (Body normal/inflated)
- Link (Sword/shield holding/holstered)
- Lucario (Face normal/half blink/full blink/hurt)
- Luigi (Face normal/hurt, hat/hair)
- Lucas (Stick on/off)
- Mario (Face normal/hurt, hat/hair)
- Marth (Face normal/half blink/full blink/talk/hurt)
- Meta Knight (Wings/cloak, cloak curl, Galaxia on/off)
- Mr. Game & Watch (Not gonna list them all)
- Ness (Head normal/scorched, baseball bat off/on)
- Olimar (Eyes normal/hurt)
- Peach (Crown on head/in hand, weapon off/frying pan/tennis racquet/golf club)
- Pit (Face normal/half blink/full blink/talk/hurt/angry, blades split/bow/merged, shield on/off)
- Pokémon Trainer (Pokéball left/right)
- R.O.B. (Eyes normal/hurt, though technically everything is counted as a mesh group)
- Samus (Arm cannon on/off [for use with the separate, animated one])
- Snake (Face normal/half blink/full blink/talk/hurt/anger, teeth closed/open)
- Sonic (Eyelid off/half blink/full blink, eyebrows normal/angry/happy/sad/surprise, mouth off/on/grin/angry/happy/sad/surprise)
- Toon Link (Sword/shield holding/holstered)
- Wolf (Face normal/half blink/full blink/hurt, blaster holstered/unholstered)
- Yoshi (Body normal/egg)
- Zelda (Face normal/half blink/full blink/hurt)
- Zero Suit Samus (Face normal/half blink/full blink/talk/hurt)

And if it counts, there's the Final Smash eyes that everyone has which could count as a mesh group...

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - josh98 - 03-11-2012

(03-11-2012, 06:10 PM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: In that case, instead of replacing all instances of "TGA" with "PNG", make it replace ".TGA" with ".PNG", or else things like that will happen again. Or at least replace with the case-sensitive names. :V

Oooohhhh. Ok, thanks X)

Oof... that's a lot. Though, it seems there is incosistency in how these get treated. Look at the rips of Giga Bowser, Sonic, and Mario. The Whirling Fortress, and all of Sonic's facial expressions are separate meshes when the DAE is viewed. However, if you look at the rip of Mario, all of the pieces are stuck together. Any idea what may be causing it?

Edit: It seems that josh98's rips somehow have the issue taken care of, but Perseus's don't, even though they seem to have been exported the same way. How do you two go about ripping fighters? Do you both use brresviewer -> PSK -> Noesis -> DAE?

(03-11-2012, 10:56 PM)Peardian Wrote: Oof... that's a lot. Though, it seems there is incosistency in how these get treated. Look at the rips of Giga Bowser, Sonic, and Mario. The Whirling Fortress, and all of Sonic's facial expressions are separate meshes when the DAE is viewed. However, if you look at the rip of Mario, all of the pieces are stuck together. Any idea what may be causing it?

Edit: It seems that josh98's rips somehow have the issue taken care of, but Perseus's don't, even though they seem to have been exported the same way. How do you two go about ripping fighters? Do you both use brresviewer -> PSK -> Noesis -> DAE?
I always use BrawlBox (+ 3DS Max 2009 for importing) for my rips. Gets the proper bone rotations, rarely has smoothing group inconsistencies, and also has all of the polygon groups as separate meshes. Also exports all of the UV mapping channels for a group which has more than one.

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - TGE - 03-12-2012

You may claim Great Aether too if you'd likeTongue

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - Garamonde - 03-12-2012

@TGE: Big Grin

@RTB: You know... I feel the need to bring this up, but Peardian always says that the .DAEs don't come out right when using BrawlBox (hence why he says "do not use BrawBox" in the first post), yet yours are always perfect... how do you always get it to work for you?

RE: The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Project - josh98 - 03-12-2012

(03-11-2012, 10:56 PM)Peardian Wrote: Edit: It seems that josh98's rips somehow have the issue taken care of, but Perseus's don't, even though they seem to have been exported the same way. How do you two go about ripping fighters? Do you both use brresviewer -> PSK -> Noesis -> DAE?
I used to do that, but Every time I ripped sonic like that, all of the Faces and Stuff were in one. No here's what you do.

You press Export all, Set Textures into Png, no animations, BUT here's the Catch. You make the Model's MD5's. and convert them With neosis. that Preserves the Groups and stuff. Smile Don't forget to change the Paths To png though Smile