The VG Resource
Experimental style ITT - Printable Version

+- The VG Resource (https://www.vg-resource.com)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-65.html)
+--- Forum: July 2014 Archive (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-139.html)
+---- Forum: Creative Zone (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-86.html)
+----- Forum: Spriting and Pixel Art (https://www.vg-resource.com/forum-14.html)
+----- Thread: Experimental style ITT (/thread-1947.html)

Pages: 1 2

Experimental style ITT - Rosencrantz - 08-24-2008

[Image: EndRoadExperimentalStyle.png]

Meh

idk if I want to go on with this or not :/

The whole idea here I'm trying to do is to keep a silhouette-like style, and then add minor details with a secondary color.

And I plan on abusing the all-black aspect for hiding against all-black walls and scenery,
but meh

comments anyone?

RE: Experimental style ITT - killme - 08-24-2008

Pretty cool idea

RE: Experimental style ITT - Phantom Killah - 08-24-2008

I love how he takes his hat off, closes his eyes and puts his hands in his pocket to hide all of the white on his body. Pretty creative imo.

RE: Experimental style ITT - Darkshot - 08-24-2008

I like it, definitely interested in seeing more.

RE: Experimental style ITT - NSD - 08-25-2008

The sprites themselves look pretty good except there is something a bit off about his elbows while holding the hat. His right one seems to be jutting out too much.

This idea seems pretty coolio to me as a game. I'm thinking maybe a spy v spy type thing and the other guy's suit is mostly white.

Were you thinking of having the black walls the same exact black or a very slightly lighter shade so you can still make out the outline if you look hard enough?

RE: Experimental style ITT - Gors - 08-25-2008

Whoa, looks impressive!

I'd like to see more Big Grin

RE: Experimental style ITT - Rosencrantz - 08-28-2008

Thanks for the comments, guys :>

@NSVery Sad yeah, I'm thinking about fixing that arm problem with the hat grab, but at the moment I like how the animation is, and if I can continue this project, I might get around to fixing it up.
And for the black walls, I was thinking about making them the same shade as the character, but so that you'll at least know where the character is, I was thinking about having different colored pixels running through the outline every few seconds

The idea is: if you can't see the character, nobody can. But the pixels might help a bit

ALSO
[Image: EndRoadExperimentalStyle-1.png]
UPDATE: added knife swing
and I love how it turned out :>

and I'm going to be busy this week, so I won't know if I'll update this again anytime soon :<

RE: Experimental style ITT - Rosencrantz - 09-04-2008

okay new update

with a new character in the style

BUT

I don't feel like showing the updated sheet with this guy, so I'm just giving you his animation :>

[Image: JohnnySTANCE1.gif]

I have to do some work with the arms, but I love how this turned out :>

Generally, this would be one of the antagonists if I were to somehow make a game out of this style, and he's generally the asshole of the game, so :>

EDIT: whoop. I said PROTagonist. I meant ANTagonist. My bad :<

RE: Experimental style ITT - ~BRICKLIN~ - 09-04-2008

Cool, but fix his arms as you said. His back foot should also move with his leg. The back leg also looks a bit long.

Other than that it looks good, I love this style. Cute

RE: Experimental style ITT - Rosencrantz - 09-20-2008

alright I'm just going to update this with a really wonky running sprite just to show that I'm not 100% uninterested in finishing this

[Image: ENDROADrunning3aaa.gif]

ugh

I hate how this turned out

personally I think that I need to make him lean forward a bit more, make the legs look less wonky, and I need to curl in the arms a bit more

also, I think that Photobucket slowed down the animation on me. It should be a little faster than that Sick

any suggestions?

also yes I'll fix up all the other animations later, but I'm too lazy to do it at the moment, so

RE: Experimental style ITT - Rakia - 09-20-2008

That's p. cool
The arms of the antagonist looks like something I once designed Tongue.
Also the very first pose (of him facing sideways idly) has some parts that are just meh.
Like the leg to the left has a bad outline. Maybe move it over left a little, that might even it out.
Also his arm holding the knife looks weird as well.

RE: Experimental style ITT - Rosencrantz - 11-08-2008

[Image: Experiment1.png]

Not giving up with this project yet

it's just that I haven't come up with anything that's exactly presentable nor have improvements of what you guys are critting on yet
so
instead I made this
which I might scrap later (unless I can get this to look awesome)

There's a lot that I need to fix, but idk if I'll ever get around to it :<

RE: Experimental style ITT - Phantom Killah - 11-08-2008

Looks cool.

RE: Experimental style ITT - Flaxter - 11-09-2008

awsome!

RE: Experimental style ITT - LilGrim1991 - 11-09-2008

Love the style, but I'm telling you, if you want to keep a project going and keep yourself interested, work on the environments and the enemies. Always works because once you build the world around them, the chars. themselves fall into place.